Chapter 50

Maya's POV

Lucas was helping me out to the truck before I realized we were at the drivers door.

"Are you not coming?" I asked.

"What? Of course I am." He responded in a confused voice.

"Do you think I'm able to drive myself to the hospital?" I asked as I pointed at the drivers seat. "We're not even at the hospital yet and you've already lost it."

"I didn't lose it."

"Oh, you lost it, and you lost it pretty bad." I replied with a laugh as he helped in on the passenger side.

We're halfway to the hospital and Lucas has managed to run every single red light. I'm going to die even before we get to hospital.

"Lucas! I'm not dying, you don't need to speed like it's life or death." I yelled at him.

"Would you rather me not get you there in a timely fashion?" He retorted.

"I would rather you not kill us all before we even get to the hospital, that's what I would like."

After he slowed it down a bit we finally got there. He helped me into a wheelchair and wheeled me up to the receptionist desk. She was on the phone so I just decided to wait for her to get done. A couple minutes had gone by and I could see Lucas starting to get impatient.

"Can somebody please help?" Lucas yelled which caused her to hang up quickly. I got up out of the chair and walked closer to the desk.

"I'm sorry my boyfriend is a raging lunatic today, first time father. My name is Maya Hart, my water broke and I'm going into labor." I quickly explained.

"It's quite alright Miss Hart, most first time fathers are like this. I'll get someone right away for you." She replied and smiled.

"Thank you." I said as I sat back down as she walked away and I just glared at Lucas.

"What?"

"You need to learn how to talk to people when you're under pressure." I responded.

"Well my child is about to be born and she was taking forever on the phone." He replied.

"It was only two minutes Lucas. It's not like it was a half hour. If I was fine with it, you should be too besides I'm the one that is in labor here." I reminded him.

My doctor came out rather quickly to get us and put us in a room. They ended up putting us in a private room with me only being 17. After they checked everything out, they said I was definitely well on the way, it just might be longer then we anticipated. Shortly after the doctors left the room, Topanga and Riley finally made it.

"Hi guys." I smiled at them.

"How are you feeling sweetie?" Mrs Matthews asked.

"Shockingly enough I'm not the one that's completely lost it today, other then that just in a ton of pain." I replied as I winced in pain.

"You're taking these contractions pretty well. Most first time moms would be screaming in pain. I've always told you, you were an amazon warrior." She responded. "Lucas why don't you call your mom, Shawn and whoever else to let them know she's in labor."