Chapter 49

A/N: Happy Holidays guys! How was your Christmas? Can you believe there's only a few more chapters left until the book is over? :( time skip to 9 months pregnant.

Maya's POV

I was cleaning mine and Lucas's room and when I looked under the bed I found the incomplete baby book that Riley was trying to help me fill out. I remember wanting to throw it out, but I knew I would regret that so I threw it down here. I sat on the floor of our bedroom staring at it while all the flashbacks of a few months ago swiftly went through me head. I hadn't realized that Lucas had came in the room until he spoke up.

"Maya? Are you okay?" He asked as he put his hand on my shoulder. I hadn't realized I was crying until his facial expression changed when I looked up at him.

"Why are you crying?" He asked as he sat down next to me and put his arm around me to comfort me.

"I found Alexander's baby book. The night that we broke up, earlier that day Riley was trying to help distract me from my negative thoughts and help me fill out the book. I threw it across the room the more questions she asked." I explained to him as I laid my head on his chest.

"I was wondering when you would tell me about what happened earlier that night." He replied as he held my hand with one hand and had his other hand in my hair as I cried into him.

"The worst of all though is how awful I was to you. Lucas, I'm sorry. I don't ever want to hurt you the way I did again. You mean too much to me." I said in between my sobs.

"Maya, look at me." He said as he tilted my head up so I was looking directly at him.

"Listen, what happened is in the past. It's gone, over with. What matters is now, us and our baby. You we're going through something, everyone is allowed to not be okay every once in a while. I never for one second stopped loving you. The day after we broke up when you showed up to talk to me, I was so damn happy to see you, but I felt so ashamed of leaving you like I did, pregnant and alone. I did the one thing I promised I would never do. I'm just lucky you're forgiving and gave me another chance. I wouldn't be able to be happy without you or him in my life. I promised you the day I proposed that you would be my forever, but you've been my forever since the day I laid my eyes on you when we locked eyes on the subway the morning we met." He said with such sincerity and love.

I was so caught up in the moment that I kissed him and I kissed him hard. I always fell in his kiss and he always falls into mine. Every time he kisses me it's like the first time all over again. We got up in the bed and he sat me on top of him. He lifted my shirt to uncover my baby bump. He placed his hands on each side of my stomach and smiled.

"What are you doing?" I asked as I smiled at him.

"Just admiring your beautiful baby bump." I replied.

"Why?"

"Because I've loved watching you grow, it's incredible to watch from the outside looking in. I can't believe he's going to be here soon already." He explained in the most adorable way.

"I know, I'm ready for him to be out though, as much fun as this was, I want to go back to being me again and not the asshole version of me." I responded.

"Maya, you're not an asshole, I mean well, you are, but in a cute way.. but not in the way you're speaking of it. You were just having hormones and missing your mom, that's nothing to be ashamed of. I love you no matter what. You'll always be my Maya though." He said so delicately.

"Thanks Ranger Rick."

"Exactly my point." He said before he sighed.

"And I love you too." I said as I leaned down and whispered in his ear.

After we spent some quality time together I cleaned the rest of the bedroom. I went and tidied up Alexander's room. He's due to be here any day. I'm already so in love with him. I looked down at my belly as I sat in my new rocking chair.

"You better like mommy more." I said as I smiled because he kicked right after I said that. "I know, I can't wait to meet you too. I love you."

It just came to mind that this is the first time this entirely pregnancy that I talked to him. I've always loved him since the moment I found out about him, I wanted to interact with him more while I was pregnant, but my emotions got in the way. After I sat there for a little more I eventually got up and went in the living room to see what Lucas wanted for dinner.

"Hey Huckleberry, what do you want for dinner?" I asked as I walked in the living room.

"Starts with Y and ends in U." He replied instantly.

"Seriously? I can't with you." I retorted.

"I'm kidding. What ever you want is fine with me." He looked at me and smiled.

"Okay." I said as I walked out in the kitchen.

I looked through the cupboards and decided on Mac and cheese since it's so simple and quick. As I was waiting for the noodles to come to a boil, I got this extremely sharp pain in my stomach which made me yell in pain. Next thing I knew Lucas was next to me trying to see what was wrong.

"I heard you scream, are you okay?" He asked and right before I could answer him I felt water running down my leg.

"Oh my god." I whispered.

"What? Maya please tell me what's going on-" I then cut him off by grabbing him by his shirt.

"Lucas. My water broke." I said in a low voice.

"Okay? The water is fine on the stove." I was so shocked by his statement.

"Lucas. My. Water. Broke." I stated slowly. As we whisper back to himself what I said.

"Oh!" I saw his eyes go from calm to panic in less then a second. "What do I need to do?"

"Take me to the hospital idiot. He's coming. We need to get everything, diaper bag, overnight bag, the baby book and outselves and make phone calls on the way to the hospital. Think you can handle that huckleberry?" I asked him and he was as white as a ghost. "Okay apparently not.."

"No, I got it. I'll go get everything together. Let me help you to the living room." He said as he walked with me to the living room and helped me sit down. While every move I made the pain was indescribable.

After Lucas frantically got everything together I called the Matthews to let them know the baby was coming. Topanga and Riley said they'll meet us at the hospital. Once Lucas got everything together we headed toward the hospital. I'm going to be a mom soon.