Chapter 34

A/N: Hello everyone! I know it's been a long while since I've updated this, but I finally have a story arc that will go on for a series of chapters that will initially end this fic. I'm doing a time skip to Maya being 7 months pregnant. It's a very crucial one and I want everyone to bare with me on it because it's going to be a very detailed one at best, but it's very necessary to the story. Thank you to every single one of you that have been reading this story and loving it, I love you all. Here we go.

Maya's POV

It was the morning of my baby shower and I couldn't be more excited for it. Lucas and I decided that while I'm doing that he'll have a diaper party with the guys tonight to do basically the same thing just in a more 'manly' fashion. Which was okay with me, but I still wish he would be there, but I understand he needs time with his friends before this little bean gets here. I drove over to Riley's to help them get things ready. Since I clearly can't go through the bay window anymore because I'm starting to look like a whale, I had to go through the front door, which is very unmaya like. When I walked in Mrs Matthews was sitting on the couch having her morning coffee.

"Hey Mrs Matthews, where's Riley?" I asked her.

"She's still sleeping." She replied with a smile. "Why don't you come sit until she wakes up, we have all day until the party starts."

"Yeah, that's true." I said as I sat down next to her as she smiled at me still. "Why do you keep smiling at me? I asked her, kinda confused.

"I'm just so proud of you Maya. You went from this rebellious teenager to this mom to be in a heart beat and I'm just so proud of you." She replied.

"Thank you Mrs Matthews. It wouldn't be for all this support you guys have kindly offered me though." I explained to her.

"Even so, the maturity in you is a great look on you. I can't wait to meet this little guy."

"Yeah it's getting so close, it's crazy isn't it?" I said in more of a statement then a question.

"Have you and Lucas decided on a name yet?" She asked me.

"No, not yet. We haven't agreed on anything quite yet." I replied while nervously tapping my fingers on my knee.

"That's okay Maya, you guys will figure it out, some parents don't even decide on a name until the baby is born to where the name feels right the second they lay eyes on their child." She explained to me.

"Well, I hope we can settle on one sooner rather then later." I replied.

"I can't wait for you to see what Riley and I picked out for you and him as a present. You're going to love it." She said excitedly.

"Well, I love you guys so I'm sure I'll love it no matter what it is. It could be a sock and I would cherish it." I replied.

"Awh, Maya you're so cute, but I promise it's not a sock. It'll be very beneficial to you and Lucas when the little guy gets here." She said.

"We appreciate it more then you know. I love you." I said as I leaned into her and gave her one of my side Maya hugs, no baby belly will stop me from doing this.

"I love you too, sweetie. I always have just like you were my own." She replied.

"Maya, you're here early?" I heard Riley say from behind me.

"Am I here early or are you just waking up late?" I said sarcastically.

"Good to see you too." She said back sarcastically.

"The little guy wouldn't let me sleep this morning, so I decided to head over sooner then expected, I figured you guys wouldn't mind." I explained.

"Of course Maya. We always love having you here." Riley said in her Riley tone of voice before she gets really excited.

"Which means we have the whole day together, how about that?" I replied.

"Well, luckily mom and I got your presents wrapped last night so we're good until mom has to go get the cake and stuff." She replied.

"You guys really didn't have to go through all this trouble for me." I said to them in a shocked voice.

"You're family Maya and it's no trouble at all." Mrs Matthews chimed in.

"You guys are the best, my life would be so messed up without you guys, you keep me grounded and stable, I love you guys so much that I can't even explain it." I tried explaining to them, but even those words didn't seem right enough for the gratitude I felt towards them.

After we all ate breakfast Auggie and Mr Matthews left for the day to have a father and son day while we had the baby shower. Mrs Matthews went and got the rest of the essentials and came back quickly while Riley and I decorated a little bit to give it that baby shower vibe. Slowly some of our closest friends and family started to show. It was small, but it was perfect for me. I didn't need a big party for this. I just wanted those who were close to me to be involved in this because that's all that mattered to me. Riley and Topanga got me and Lucas a baby changing table, a baby bathtub and cute little onesies for the baby. Lucas's mom got us a car seat, diaper bag, binkies, and a cute set for his crib. They really went all out for this and I was so stunned by everything. Everyone else got us diapers and other essentials that Lucas and I would need for when the baby comes. It was honestly a perfect day with most of my favorite people on the world. I wouldn't have this any other way.