Chapter 22 - "I've decided my only option is to go mad."

Start from the beginning

"Okay. I'll go with you. Just let me get dressed. Where are we going?"

"Rockefeller center. Ice skating," Danny said.

"Isn't that going to cause a riot with both you and Sebastian there?"

"I've made arrangements," Danny said, simply.

"Alright. I'll be back in a second."

***************

When they stepped into the rental area the laughter of the writer's voices greeted them. Jules wobbled over to Amelia and enclosed her in a tight hug.

"I'm glad you could make it. Though I didn't doubt Danny persuasive skills." Jules said.

Danny smiled and Jules's cheeks turned pink.

"Come on, let's get you some skates," Jules said.

Seated on a narrow wooden bench, Amelia kicked off her shoes and started pulling on the skates. Everyone else was up and balancing on thin blades, some laughing as they leaned against each other. Sebastian was with everyone else, laugh mixed with the others.

He glanced at Amelia. She caught a hint of sadness in the corner of his eye, that neither his smile or laugh could completely hide. Looking away, she grappled with the laces.

"Need help?" a voice asked.

Amelia glanced up. Sebastian stood before her, his face impassive.

"I wish I could say no but I do." Amelia said, sullenly.

Sebastian bent to one knee and took one skate in his hand, his fingers making quick work with the laces before moving to the next.

"There you go," Sebastian said.

He rose to his feet and offered out his hands. Amelia let him pull her up, their hands dropping once she was stable. Danny moved to face the group.

"Alright people, we have two hours on the ice, because that's all I could afford. So let's make the best of it. Mels I'm calling you out, if you give Luke a concussion again, we're benching you."

A burst of laughter echoed around the group.

"Dennie and Weston, try not to break anything. Naomi stay beautiful. Okay let's move out," Danny said.

The flags lining the rink snapped loudly in the wind. Danny led the group out, the air biting into their faces. Everyone except Danny took tentative steps into the ice, moving to the railing to find their balance. Danny took off, moving at an alarming rate. Amelia gasped as Danny pelted toward the far wall. He reached the other side and turned suddenly, his body leaning at a dangerous angle as his skates crossing over each other.

"Don't worry, it looks terrifying but if there's one place Danny feels more comfortable on than the stage, it's the ice," Sebastian said.

Danny sped passed them, winking as he went, dodging in and out of the now mobile writers. Amelia made her hesitant way onto the ice. Sebastian moved with her, his feet steady beneath him the moment he stepped into the rink.

"Show off," she grumbled.

Sebastian laughed and stayed in sync with her. Reacquainted with the ice, Amelia let go of the railing.

"So Danny grew up a penguin?" Amelia's asked.

"Close. He grew up in Boston and had skates on his feet by the time he was four. All his cousins played hockey, it was a family thing."

Danny zoomed passed, spinning to face them for a brief second.

"Looking good, Aims," Danny said.