47. Midnight

"Can I ask you something?" I ask as I look up at my boyfriend whose busy redressing himself from our morning activities while I'm still snuggled up under the sheets.

"What's on your mind gorgeous?" he asks with a smile as he buttons his jeans.

"We have to go back to school in a couple weeks but after this semester is over we'll both have to go back home. Your home is all the way in Philly while mine is here in Greenwich."

"What are you getting at babe?" he asks as he sits on the edge of the bed, looking at me curiously.

"What if we moved in together?" I ask excitedly, biting my lip in anticipation of his answer.

"Your dad wouldn't be too happy" Josh says seriously as he stands up, pacing the room as he rubs his neck nervously.

"Why? We're already engaged, it's not like it's insane to want to live with you."

"We'll think about it" he assures me as he leans down to kiss me. "But right now you need to get ready because we have a party to get to" he adds as he pulls away.

"Yea yea" I smile as I climb out of bed, heading for the shower.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

"Never have I ever" Lucas laughs as he thinks of something he hasn't done. "Kissed Maya" he finishes making Josh moan in annoyance as he downs another shot.

"You are cheating Huckleberry" I complain as I look over at one of my best friends.

"See you complain now but when he's ripping your clothes off later you'll thank me" Lucas smirks making me throw a bottle cap at him in annoyance.

"Ass" I scoff as I take another swig of my beer. "Josh baby go" I insist as I bump my shoulder into his.

"Never have I ever knocked up a girl" Josh smirks making me laugh as Lucas takes a shot.

"That's bullshit. You thought you did" Lucas replies making Josh shrug.

"Almost doesn't count my dear nephew in law. Maya isn't pregnant therefore you are the only one who drinks, unless of course Farkle or Zay have something they aren't telling us" he adds as he looks at the two boys.

"Unless Farkle is having sex with someone else, that's a no" Smackle replies adamantly making Riley laugh.

"I'm not" Farkle assures his girlfriend. "Someone else go."

"Never have I ever asked someone to marry me" I smirk as I shoot a look at Farkle before downing the rest of my beer as Josh and Lucas take a drink. Oddly enough Farkle does too.

"Um Farkle why are you drinking?" Lucas asks curiously as he looks at our best friend.

"Isn't it almost midnight?" Farkle asks causing everyone to check their phones. Sure enough, it's a minute to midnight. "Ready to count it down?" he asks as he takes Smackle's hand in his, leading her over to the edge of the roof. We hear chants all around us, counting down to midnight and on one fireworks erupt in the sky, spelling out will you marry me.

"Oh my god" Smackle exclaims as she looks down at Farkle whose now down on one knee holding out a ring box. "Yes" she adds as she leans down to kiss him making a smile pull at my lips.

"You knew" Josh whispers in my ear causing me to nod.

"I did" I reply honestly. "We should give them some alone time."

"Are we gonna have some alone time?" he asks hopefully as I nod, standing and taking his hand in mine.

"Don't do anything I wouldn't do" Riley yells after us making me chuckle as I lead Josh downstairs to an empty loft.

"Where are we?" Josh asks confused as he looks around at the empty space.

"My new place. My parents said it was okay for me to get my own place."

"Is this why you brought up moving in together this morning?" he asks curiously.

"Yep. It was my Christmas present. They paid the security deposit and first month's rent. I got a TA position at Abigail Adams."

"Maya that's amazing" he smiles as he pulls me into his arms. "I love you."

"I love you too" I reply as my lips land on his in a long, passionate kiss that's interrupted by the sound of thunder. "Was that?" I ask with a laugh as I break out of his arms, going over to the window and seeing snow falling from the sky as thunder rumbles in the distance.

"Thunder snow" Josh laughs lightly. "We don't have the best luck with thunder."

"Maybe we should change that" I smirk as I turn to face him. "Bedroom's down the hall" I add as I point in the right direction.

"I love thunderstorms" he smirks as he picks me up, carrying me off to the bedroom.

"Me too" I reply happily as my lips land back on his.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

A/N: All that's left now is the epilogue....and THE SEQUEL!!!!! Which is titled Wedding On A Rainy Day!!!! I hope you all enjoyed this story and I can't wait to publish the epilogue!!