19. Boy

"Pretty impressive for an amateur sleuth" Smackle compliments as we get ready for our big night. We were in Riley's bathroom getting ready for prom and I was finally telling them both about my calculations and what they met for the paternity of the baby.

"Thanks" I reply laughing lightly as I swiped a bit of blue eyeshadow over my eyelid. We were all completely dressed at this point, Riley in her sparkly yellow dress I had convinced her to buy and Smackle in her simple green gown, with a sexy slit up the left leg. I hear laughter from the hallway and I grow confused so I excuse myself from the group and head out into the hallway. When I do my heart stops. It was Josh and Callie smiling and laughing as they looked at a picture, the picture I realized was a sonogram. Callie was actually about fifteen weeks from my calculations and her growing baby bump was clearly visible as was the engagement ring on her finger. I twirled the promise ring on my right hand that I never took off since the day Josh gave it to me.

"Big night?" Callie asks curiously but I'm not paying attention to her because Josh is running his eyes over my every curve and I'm quite enjoying the looks of shock, lust, and jealousy clouding his face.

"What were you laughing about?" I ask curiously as I bite the inside of my lip.

"Baby names" Callie replies making my heart sink. I hated her so much, I could barely think straight.

"We uh, we found out he's a boy" Josh says making my eyes go wide.

"Oh" I say in shock. "That's um. That's amazing" I breathe out though I thought it was anything but. This girl was awful for making Josh grow attached to this baby when she knew it wasn't his. Of course a worse thought crosses my mind as I stare between them. I know the baby's not his too.

"Hey Topanga said you were up here" Zay smiles as he appears behind Josh. "Someday. Annoyance" he greets the two making me giggle as he walks over, strapping a corsage on my wrist. "You look amazing" he smiles as he kisses my cheek.

"Thank you Zay" I reply happily. "We should get going" I add as I take a deep breath. "Bye Josh. Callie" I add simply as we brush past them and head out of the loft. I take a deep breath of the comforting spring air making Zay laugh lightly.

"You could tell him" he suggests as I nod.

"I'll tell her I know first. If she doesn't come clean after that I'll tell him" I assure him. "But tonight is prom and we are going to have fun" I insist making him smile.

"That we will" he assures me as he holds his arm out for me to take as we climb into the limo.