Chapter 27 : Raspberry Cupcake

Ishan and Divya were over at my house for group study and we had been solving test papers within a time limit. Divya and I would together check Ishan's paper (it didn't even need a checking, he'd written more than what was there in our book) while Ishan checked both of ours. Neither of them needed much of a checking although for a completely different reason. We had barely written anything.

"So I'll be failing this exam?" It was not even a question, I was stating the obvious.

"Nah, you'll be passing with flying colours," was his sarcastic reply. "And Divya might as well join you if she keeps on fidgeting with her phone like that."

We both looked at Divya, whose eyes were still stuck on the screen before her.

"I know you two are boring holes in my skull, but I can't help. It's your sister, Tuhin. She knows how to strike up an engaging conversation."

"She's literally in the next room! You seriously need to text her right now?"

"Of course! The first girl who ever told me that pornstars are gorgeous! I love your sister, dude!"

Ishan and I looked at each other and then at Divya.

Of course, only they would talk about this.

Divya put her phone right before our noses, "Look". The picture of a good-looking girl was there. They were talking about female pornstars? Of course, it's Tuhina and Divya for you.

"Isn't she beautiful? Not that you both would be interested, but whatever." Divya went back to her chat.

"Tuhin?"

I gulped. "Yeah?"

"My house. Now. Get ready," he began to pack his bag.

"Wait, whoa, what?"

"You're coming with me for Nutrition studies. I'll help you out."

Le. I didn't even ask for his help. But Ishan's house = Food+Fun+Studies(maybe).

Who's giving up the offer? Not me, eh.

You're supposed to be a nerd, Tuhin.

Well, cut me some slack. I don't enjoy Nutrition.

"Okay."

"Hey, what about me?" Divya asked without removing her eyes from the phone. I grabbed the comb from my dresser.

"I think you should actually join Tuhina in the next room and ogle at hot female bodies together. As you said, we're not interested."

"Rude much?" Divya raised a skeptical eyebrow at him. "Or are you making lame excuses to spend time with your best friend alone?" she finished with a swift wink at my direction.

"A bit of both," was Ishan's reply. "Are you ready to go, Tuhin?"

Running the comb for the last time through my hair, I turned at Ishan, "I just need to find my mobile and wallet."

"Got them here," he tossed them at me.

"Such a perfect little housewife!" Divya winked at Ishan.

"Don't you dare, Divya," he punched her shoulder and dragged me outside with me clutching onto my bag for dear life. His bicycle looked like it was waiting to torture me.

***
"Tuhin?" Ishan shouted over his shoulder.

"Yeah?" I shouted back.

"Will you help me with Maths if I help you in Nutrition?"

"You seriously need to ask this while riding? Keep your attention on the road!" It was nothing new. I was always a bit too careful on the road.

"Arey, nothing will happen. Tell me."