Chapter Thirty-Eight

Mullen pov

"So, you're leaving, again?" Harry asked, I nodded "just for a couple of weeks" I said, throwing some clothes in my suitcase, Harry hummed "how do you feel about going to meet Ed's parents?" He smirked. I sighed "nervous" he chuckled "I'm sure it'll be fine, I mean you're a lot better than Kara that's for sure" he said, I shrugged "that doesn't mean they'll like me" I said, turning to look at him.

"Yeah, but I'm sure they'll love you anyways" he said. "What if they don't, what do I do?" I asked, he shrugged "why does it matter?" He asked "because, I mean they're Ed's parents" I sighed. "Yeah, that's true, you're screwed" he laughed. "Harry" I groaned, falling back on the bed, he laughed "kidding, kidding, when's he coming to get you?" He asked "10:30" I sighed "hmmm, well its 9:15, you should move your ass" Harry said. I nodded, getting back up "yeah, yeah."

****

"Hey love, you ready to go?" Ed asked as I let him in. I smiled "yeah, I think so, be right back" I said, running down the hallway to find Harry.

"Hey, I'm leaving" I said "oh, okay. Call me when you get there, so I know you didn't die" he smiled "alright will do. See ya Haz" I said closing the door.

"Alright, so my mum wants us there by noon, but since I was a little late it looks like we won't be there until after 1" Ed said, taking a left turn. I nodded "so, your parents still live in Suffolk?" I asked, he nodded "yeah, it's their home" he smiled, taking my hand. I looked down at our hands and smiled "yeah, I get that" I said, looking out the window at the fast moving scenery. "It's nice out here" I said "yeah, its quiet" Ed mumbled "why'd you leave?" I asked, he looked over to me "to follow my dreams" he smiled, I laughed "cheesy" he chuckled "I'm serious" I nodded "I know."

We were quiet for most of the way, I was too nervous to say that much anyways.

"You're being awfully quiet" Ed pointed out. I sighed "yeah, just a little tired" I said, he nodded "are you sure that's it?" He asked, I furrowed my eyebrows "what else would it be?" I asked, he shrugged "I don't know" he said "I'm a little nervous" I said, he smiled "why?" I shrugged "what if they don't like me?" I asked, he laughed "that's ridiculous, they'll love you" he said, I sighed "don't worry love, it'll be fine" he said, running his thumb over my hand, I smiled at him "love you" he whispered, I laughed "love you too" I said.

***

"We're here" Ed smiled, looking over to me "they know I'm coming right?" I asked, he nodded "I told them last week, they're over the moon to meet you" he smiled "don't be nervous" he said "but your whole family is in there!" I said. He sighed "I know, but they're nice people, they'll love you" he said, I sighed "alright, alright. Let's go then" I said, opening my door and getting out, following Ed up to the front door.

He knocked "why are you knocking, this is your house" I laughed "It's polite" he said "I don't live here anymore. I can't just walk in" he said, right as the door opened "Ed!" A woman with features quite similar to his said "we were wondering when you two would show up" she smiled "yeah, sorry mum, I had a bit of a late start" Ed said "oh, its okay hun, you must be Mullen" she smiled, looking over to me. I nodded smiling "I'm Imogen, Ed's mum, its very nice to meet you. Ed talks so much about you" I laughed "well, he's told me a lot about you too" I said, she smiled, looking over at Ed "has he now?" She laughed "don't worry, its all good things" I said, she laughed "well it better be" she raised an eyebrow at him.

I met Ed's dad, brother, grandparents, aunts and uncles, they all seemed very nice. "How are you feeling now, still nervous?" Ed asked, I shrugged "not as much" I said "see?" He smiled "I told you they'd love you" I laughed "shut up."

"Are you two tired, you could sleep in Ed's old room, we'll open presents in the morning" Imogen said, we nodded "yeah, thanks mum, goodnight" he said, kissing her cheek "goodnight you two, it was very nice meeting you Mullen, I'll see you in the morning" she said "goodnight Mrs. Sheeran" she shook her head "call me Imogen" I smiled.