Chapter Thirty-Four

Mullen pov

Ed stopped in front of a huge building with glass windows "where are we?" I asked, he smiled grabbing something out of the backseat "how'd you get that in here?" I asked, gesturing to his guitar. "I put it in here before we left" he said, getting out of the car and running to open the door for me.

"This is the arena I"m playing at next week, when my tour starts. I wanted to take you here tonight so I could give you your birthday present before I left" he said "wait, you're leaving?" I asked, he nodded, looking down"I was afraid to tell you, my tour starts in a week" he said, I nodded "oh" I said "I'm sorry" he whispered.

"Its okay" I said, he opened the big glass door for me, I walked in. It was huge and beautiful, there was glass chandeliers lining the ceiling. I smiled, looking over to Ed "this is beautiful" I said "yeah, it is. Come on" he said, taking my hand and leading me to another door.

There was a giant stage lining the back wall "stay here" Ed said, walking away. "I-" I started, but he'd walked away already, I crossed my arms over my chest, looking around.

All the sudden the room brightened as the lights in the arena lit up. I looked up "wow" I breathed, I looked down as a figure moved on to the stage. It was Ed. "What are you doing?" I asked, walking closer to the stage.

"I finally finished the song." He said, playing a few note on his guitar. "Its your present, thats why you couldn't read it" he said "its for you" he started playing the intro to a song. *play song*

*

When he stopped singing he looked up at me "what do you think?" He asked, I smiled "it was amazing, Ed" I said, walking up to him. He took his guitar off and set it on the ground.

I wrapped my arms around him, burying my face into his neck "I have a new favourite song" I mumbled, he chuckled "I love you" I whispered, pulling back, just enough to look at his face. "Love you too" he whispered, kissing me. "Are we going to dinner?" I asked "I'm starving" he laughed "yeah, we are. Hold on" he pulled away from our hug.

He handed me a small, long box. I raised my eyebrows "open it" he urged, I opened it "Ed...oh my god" I gasped "its beautiful" I said, smiling. "Yeah?" He asked, I nodded "thank you" I said, pulling him into a hug "here" he said, taking my wrist and putting the silver chain around it. I smiled as he brought my hand up to kiss it. "You look beautiful" he whispered "thank you" I blushed.

***

"We have to be careful, so we don't get caught" I said. He nodded "yeah, I know" we arrived at a nice, small restaurant. "It looks cozy" I said, getting out of the car "yeah, I found it online. I thought it looked nice" he said, I chuckled "yeah, it is" I said.

We walked in, it was warm and dimly lit.

"Come on, lets go sit down" Ed said, leading me over to a table in the back. We walked by a table and I could hear them whispering "is that Ed Sheeran? Thats not his girlfriend" one girl whispered, I ignored it and kept following Ed. "Hey did you hear that?" I asked "hear what?" Ed asked me, smiling. I smiled back "never mind" I said.

We found a table and sat down. Ed looked around "its really nice in here" he said with a smile. I nodded "yeah, it's perfect for a date" I smiled, he chuckled "yeah." A woman came over "what would you like to drink?" She asked, looking at us with a pen and a notebook in her hand. "Uhh, I'll take a red wine" I said. She nodded, looking over to Ed "oh, I'll have the same" he said, the girl nodded "alright, two red wines?" She said over, to make sure she'd gotten it right. We nodded, she walked off the get our drinks.

"So, what are you planning on doing after you graduate next month?" He asked, I shrugged "I'm going for my masters, I can't decide if I want to stay here or go back to the U.S" I said, playing with a napkin on the table "well, what would you rather do?" He asked, I shrugged "honestly, I don't know. I have everything here, friends, family, you" he smiled at that "but, I feel like there would be more options in America, you know?" I asked, he nodded "yeah, thats true. Even if you did go back to America, you wouldn't lose us, we'd be here" he said, smiling lightly at me. I sighed "I know, but I love London. Its so hard to decide right now though" I said, he nodded "what do you want to be?" He asked "I told you this already." I said, he raised his eyebrows "I must not have been listening" well, at least he's honest.

"I want to be an anthropologist" I laughed "a what? You want to deal with dead bodies all day? Eww" he said, I laughed "yeah, human bones, Ed" I said, he shuddered "I couldn't even imagine" he said "well, I find it interesting" I said "yeah, it's interesting, but gross at the same time" he said "you make no sense" I laughed as the waitress came back with our wine.

"Are you ready to order?" She asked, I nodded, looking over to Ed, he nodded too.

***

"So, do you want to go back to mine or yours?" He asked "well, I feel like Kara would be home if we went back to mine, so yours" I said, he nodded "sounds like a plan."

"You know, your not a very good driver" I told him, he looked over offended "what?! How?" He asked "your like 10 miles over the speed limit" I winced. He looked at the speedometer "oh" he said, slowing down "yeah, oh" I sighed. My phone made a dinging noise, notifying me I had a text. It was from Harry.

'Hey, are you home? I tried calling' he texted.

'Oh, no. I'm with Ed, I'm staying at his place tonight. Are we on for lunch tomorrow?' I asked.

'Yeah, do you want me to pick you up there?' He asked

'Yeah, sure. See ya tomorrow, Haz' I texted.

"Oh, Harry's picking me up for lunch tomorrow" I told Ed. "Alright, what time?" He asked "uhh, lunch time?" I laughed. He rolled his eyes "okay."

The rest of the drive was silence, not the bad kind, the comfortable kind.

"Okay, fair warning, fans sit out here because somehow they found out where I lived, so we have to find a way to sneak in" Ed said "fan found out where you lived? Ooh that sucks" I laughed "yeah. It really does" he said "I can't bring you home" he wiggled his eyebrows. I scoffed and hit his shoulder "pig" I muttered, he laughed "I'm kidding!" He said "I'll still bring you home, no matter what" he smiled, I hit his arm harder "shut up!" I laughed.

**

We ended up getting through the fans, without them noticing us.

"God, I hate that London has to be so cold!" Ed complained. I laughed "I know, it kinda sucks" I said. He sighed, taking his coat off and throwing it on the couch, I did the same as we walked to the kitchen. "Want some tea?" He asked, I nodded "sure" I sat at a barstool while he put the kettle on the stove.

He came and sat next to me "I love you" he smiled "I love you too" I whispered.

******

We decided to go to bed after we had tea.

I was cuddled into his chest, his arms were wrapped around my waist. "You know, this feels weird, having to hide like this" Ed whispered. I sighed "yeah, it is. But in some way I like it. Its like we're in some kind of scandal" I smiled, he chuckled "we're scandalous" he whispered, kissing me cheek. "We're scandalous" I whispered.

Are you surprised with how well their date went?! I know I am.