Chapter Twenty Five

Mullen pov

"Oh fuck" I whispered. Ed looked at me "what?" He asked. I slowly turned the phone to show him the picture. His face went pale "where did you get that?" He asked "Niall sent it to me" I said "how? Who? What?" He asked. I shook my head, standing up "what are we going to do?" He followed my actions "I don't know!" He said, pacing around the room.

Harry came into the room, he smiled, but then it disappeared once he saw our faces "what happened?" He asked, looking at my phone "oh, shit" he said, looking at us. "What did you two do?" He asked, we looked at him "really Harry? Not helping" I said, my voice cracking. "Oh my god. What are we going to do?" I asked. Ed shook his head "I don't fucking know" he said. Then it hit me "we could say it was photoshopped?" I said. He looked at me wide-eyed "why would I do that?" He asked. I furrowed my eyebrows "why wouldn't you?" I asked "maybe I want people to know" he said "know what?- what did you leak this picture?" I asked "no, how would I do that?" He asked. I shrugged "I don't know" I said "what do you think we should do then?" I asked. He shrugged "tell them the truth" he said.

"And what's that?" Harry asked, Ed looked down at me "that I'm in love with you" he said, I felt all the air leave my lungs "we-we can't do that. Kara...and the people. No, no we're not doing that" I said "why not?" He asked "because, you're dating my fucking sister! That would ruin you!" I said, standing up. "What makes you think I care about that?" He asked "I-" I was lost, I didn't know what to say to that. "What makes you think I care about what people think about me?" He asked, pushing it. I shook my head "I don't know Ed, but you should. It could ruin your career" I said. He sighed "I know it could but-" he started "no, Ed!" I said. He sighed, defeated "fine, its photoshopped" he said sitting down on the couch and putting his head in his hands.

I sighed and sat next to him "I'm sorry" I whispered, laying my head on his shoulder. "I know you are" he breathed out "It's just...I don't want you to do something you'll regret" I whispered "you think I would regret this?" He asked, gesturing between us. I shrugged "I don't know" he looked at me "I love you" he whispered, I smiled "I love you too, Ed but nothing can happen between us anymore" I said. He nodded "I know that" he said "can I have one more kiss?" He asked "I uh don't know" I shuddered. He smiled, leaning in. I could feel his breath on my lips, he closed the gap between us, his lips were warm and tasted like cigarettes. I pulled away and looked at him "thanks" he whispered "for what?" I asked "that" he laughed, I chuckled "whatever."

***** later that night

Ed walked me home "you know you have to explain all of this to Kara, right?" I asked, he nodded "yeah..." he said "and we probably shouldn't be seen together" I said, he looked at me "now that's unnecessary" he said "Ed, there are going to be rumours" I said "I know that's, I deal with them everyday" he said "yeah but I don't" I said "and you don't usually walk around with the rumour do you?" I asked, he furrowed his eyebrows "don't talk about yourself like that, like you're just some...thing" he said, stopping in front of me, blocking the walk way. "Ed. Move." I said "no" he whispered, getting closer to me "did you not listen to a work I've said?" I asked, he shook his head "depends on what you said" I chuckled "we shouldn't be seen together" I said, pushing past him and walking on "ahh, no don't think I got that part" he said. I smiled "well, you just did, so we're clear now" I said, I could hear him walking not far behind me. "Whatever" he mumbled.

When we got back to the apartment Kara was sitting on the couch, like she was waiting for us to come back. "Were you waiting for us?" Ed asked her, she stood up and walked up to me "what is your problem, cant you just be happy for me?" She asked "what? What are you talking about?" I asked. "Don't pretend you don't know" she spit "I could just kick your-" she started "hey, what good would that do?" Ed asked, grabbing her shoulder as an attempt to clam her. "It would help a lot, maybe I should kick yours too" she said to him. "Calm down, it was just photoshopped" I said "we never kissed, someone just made it look like that" I said. She looked confused "just...photoshopped? Ha. That's the biggest load of shit I have ever heard! I've seen the way you look at each other" she said "what do you mean?" Ed asked "the way we look at each other?" He asked "like you're in love" she said, shaking her head "I should have seen this coming" she laughed.