Chapter Eight

Mullen pov

"Morning" I mumbled to Ed, walking into the kitchen. He looked up from his phone "good morning, what are your plans for today?" He asked, looking back down at his phone. "I have a dance lesson to give, then I'm going to the gym" I said. He looked back up with wide eyes. "You. Work out? Ha!" He said. "I don't workout dumbface, I dance at the gym" I said and he nodded "can I come?" He asked. I turned around, abruptly "you, wanna come?" I asked, slowly. He nodded "yes, I wanna see you dance" he smiled "um, okay sure, get ready then we leave in 15" I said and he nodded, hopping  off his chair to go get ready.

"Whoa, this place is huge!" Ed gaped. I chuckled "yeah, yeah I know" I said. "Just stay out of my way, Sheeran" I chuckled. He laughed "okay, I'll just watch from here then" he said, sitting on a chair and folding his hands in his lap. I smiled "okay" I said, just as Alice, my dance lesson showed up. "Hey, hun. Whats up?" I asked. She smiled and looked over to Ed "nothing, who's he?" She asked, shyly.

Ed stood up "I'm Ed, who are you?" He asked "I'm Alice" she said, shaking his hand that he'd stick out for her. "Alright are you ready to get started?" I asked her, she nodded enthusiastically. I chuckled and looked up and Ed, he nodded sitting back down in his chair.

We walked out into the middle of the floor "okay, so, start with your stretches first okay, Alice?" I asked her and she nodded, getting down on the floor, stretching her legs.

***

"That was amazing, you're a great dancer!" Ed said, I smiled "thank you" I said. "No problem" he said. I sighed and took a deep breath "hey, did you wanna go get something to eat, I'm starving" I said, nervous. He looked at me with a cigarette between his fingers and smirked "I was wondering when you were going to asked, I am too" he said. I laughed "well, where do you want to got then?" I asked him. He inhaled sharply "do you know the place called Nando's?" He asked, I nodded smiling "figured."

*****

After we got lunch we made our way back to my apartment, hoping Kara wasn't home. "That was really fun, you know we should hang out more often, but you're always with Harry" he said the last part under his breath but I heard it. "You know if you want to hang out, you can just ask, Harry doesn't need me all the time" I said, smiling as I saw the blush that covered his cheeks. "Okay" he whispered, I laughed and ruffled his hair "you're funny" I told him, he looked at me with that smirk again "how, I don't believe I've said anything funny" he said, I just shrugged "I think I meant cute" I said, smirking as he turned a beeper red.

"So, movie?...or do you want to go home, where do you,live by the way? I never asked" I asked him "um, not far from here and movie is good" he told me. I nodded "which one?" I asked "umm, how bout Game Of Thrones, you've seen that show right?" He asked and I nodded, wide-eyed "yes! I love that show!" I told him "bass" he said. I laughed "what?" I asked "oh, its just something I say, you'll get used to it" he said "okay, cool" I said, putting the disks in and playing the first episode. Ready to binge watch all day.

Kara came home about three hours later, signalling for me to leave, but Ed had other ideas. "No, stay, she can deal with us hanging out, we're friends" he said, I looked up at Kara, she didn't look very happy. "Mmm, no Ed, maybe another time" I said, he looked up at Kara, mouth wide open. He let go of my hand that I had just realised he was holding "fine" he said, sighing. I sighed too and walked to my room, without another word.

***

"No, Harry he was holding my hand, practically begging me to stay with him, now I feel really bad, but I'm not just gonna sit out there with him and Kara cuddling up, and Kara's death stare" I said, Harry chuckled "you okay there? Done with that, your not going to have a mental breakdown on me are you?" He asked. I groaned and rubbed the palms of my hand over my eyes "I'm pretty close to that, yeah" I said. I heard him sigh "it was just a joke" he mumbled "I know, so was mine"I said "oh, I just worry about you, you know?" He asked "I know, and thank you" I told him. "Its no problem, love" he said "but I should get going, Louis is insisting that I come to bed with him" I could just heard the smug in his voice "yeah, thanks for the image, night Haz" I said, he laughed "night Mullen"

Three hours later there was a knock on my door. "What?" I asked, thinking it was Kara coming to bitch at me about hanging out with Ed tonight. Boy was I wrong "Ed, whats up?" I asked, he sighed as he sat on my bed next to me "I really wanted to hang out with you more earlier, and I know I sound like a baby whining to you about it, but it's true, why don't you want to hang with both Kara and I?" He asked.

I raised my eyebrows "okay one, she thinks I'm trying to get you in bed or something-" he sighed "and two, I've had experience being the third wheel and its not my thing" I said, he chuckled "well are you trying to?" He asked "trying to what?" I asked "get me into bed?" Every nerve in my body just went into shock at that question "really? Are you serious?" I asked, he shrugged "Kara told me about that boy she dated and how you kissed him and-" I cut him off

"Get out of my room" I said, slowly, trying not to breakdown "wha- whats wrong?" He asked. I felt the burn in my eyes "GET OUT!" I yelled "whoa, Mullen, whats wrong?" He asked as the tears started to fall down my cheeks "just...leave" I said "no, I can't leave you like this, was it something I said?" He asked. I shook my head "just go, Ed" I said, trying to keep my cool but the tears just kept coming, he scooted closer to me "don't you know how to listen!" I snapped. He winced but shook it off "I'm sorry if I hurt you" he said "just leave me alone, I don't want to talk to you, go fuck Kara or something, just leave me alone" he looked shocked but slowly stood up "okay, okay, I'll leave you alone. I'm sorry" he said, putting his hand on the door handle and looking back at me. I just kept my head down, looking forward.

I didn't even notice the pained look he gave me as he closed my door.

Good? Not good?