Chapter Nineteen

Mullen pov

"Yeah, okay. I'll see you later" I said, hanging up, I threw my phone onto my bad and went over yo me closet, looking for and outfit. "Where are you going?" Ed asked "um, out" I said looking at two different dresses "to a dinner?" He asked, walking in. I looked up at him and raised my eyebrows "yeah, a dinner" I smiled. "With who?" He asked "does it have to be with someone?" I asked, he gave me a look "uh, yes" he said. "Well, its not, I'm celebrating" I said.

"Celebrating what?" He asked "I don't really know" I laughed. Way to lie, Mullen. You're such a dumbass I thought to my self. He smiled, not believing me. "Well, have fun then, will you be back tonight?" He asked, I shrugged "maybe, depends if I meet anyone" I smirked. He furrowed his eyebrows, his smile disappearing "what? What do you mean by that?" He asked, I wiggled my eyebrows "you know what I mean, Sheeran" I said, he seemed so unamused.

"I'm sorry, you didn't find that funny" I told him "no, I really didn't" he sighed "why do you seem so bothered by it, it was a joke" I asked. He shrugged "I wasn't getting worked up" he said "yes, you were and what if I was going on a date?" I asked "are you?" He asked. I groaned "really?" I asked, he nodded "I don't have time for this right now" I told him "I have to get ready" he sighed "okay, I'll leave you to it then" he said.

*****

I finished getting ready just in time to go meet Andy at the restaurant we were eating at. "You look...amazing" Ed said, as I walked out of my room. "Thank you" I smiled. He walked up to me, so he was standing behind me. "You look really really good" he breathed into the back of my neck, sending shivers down my spine, I stopped what I was doing and froze.

He brought his hand up to my face and pushed a strand of hair out of my eye. I sighed and closed my eyes, enjoying his warm touch. "You're so beautiful" he whispered in my ear. He took a step forward, so my back was pressed against his chest, I opened my eyes, his lips were dangerously close to my neck, "who are you going to see?" He asked, bringing his lips down to kiss my neck. I closed my eyes again and leaned into his touch "no one" I breathed. He stopped and looked up, our eyes met and I realised what we were just doing. I pushed away "what are you doing?!" I asked, panicked. "I- we can't do this, I uh have to go" I said, rushing to grab my bag.

I ran out of the house without even looking back.

****

I arrived at the restaurant and walked in, I spotted Andy right away, he saw me too. He smiled and flagged my over "hey" I said, sitting across from him "hey, how are you?" He asked "I'm great, you?" I asked "good, good. Man, you look amazing" he said "oh, thank you" I smiled. The images of Ed came into my head. I shook them away and cleared my throat "so, what do you feel like eating?" I asked. He sighed and shrugged "I think a steak sounds nice, doesn't it? I haven't had one in years" he smiled. I nodded "it does sound good" I said, flipping through my menu "all this sounds good, I'm starving" I chuckled "yeah, it really does, but I think I'm going with the steak" he said "me too" I said.

After we ordered, we made small talk about our future plans and life. "No, no, I love it here I just think it'd be nice to explore other places, you know?" He asked. I nodded "yeah, I've been pretty much everywhere with One Direction" I said. He raised his eyebrows "what?" He asked "oh, I go on tour with them, Harry is my best friend, we do pretty much everything together" I said "really?" He asked "yeah, he helps me through a lot of shit" I said "how long have you known him?" He asked "about four years" I said "good, that's cool" he said.

We waited about ten more minutes for our food before it came. "Finally!" Andy said, as they set his steak in front of him, I laughed "thank you" I told the waiter. He nodded at me before walking away. "This is amazing!" Andy said, I took a bite of mine and he wasn't lying. It was amazing.

"Would you like desert?" Andy asked, I shook my head "I don't think I can look at another piece of food" I groaned. He laughed "then we'll take the bill then" he said to the waiter "alright, be right back" he said in a strong French accent. He brought it back "I'll pay" I said, digging in my purse for money "no, no. I'll pay" he said. "You paid last time!" I said, snatching the bill from his hand "nope, I don't care. Still paying" he said. I groaned  "fine, but I pay next time" I said "there will be a next time?" He asked, I nodded "of course" I smiled. "Okay" he laughed.

"Would you like me to walk you home?" He asked "sure, that would be nice" I smiled. "Okay, lead the way" he said, we walked in the direction of my apartment.

****

I shivered as the cold air hit my arms, I just realised I had forgotten my coat at home "are you cold?" Andy asked "just a little" I said "here" he said, taking his coat and put it around my shoulders "no, I don't want you to get cold!" I said. "I won't, its okay" he said "alright, thanks" I said.

"This is my stop" I said, turning to face him "thank you for walking me home" I said, leaning in and connecting our lips. He smiled into the kiss "goodnight" I whispered "night" he said. I smiled and opened the door, walking into the house. It looked like nobody was home, I furrowed my eyebrows "you're back" Ed said, I whipped around "yes, it would seem that way wouldn't it, captain obvious?" I said. He raised his eyebrows "who's jacket is that?" He asked, nodding his head towards the coat. "Um, jeez" I sighed, he looked up at me, then back down at the jacket.

"Its Andy's" I sighed "Andy?" He asked "you introduced us at the party" I said, scared of his reaction. He looked confused at first, then realisation hit "really?! Him?!" He yelled "what is your problem, why do you care?" I asked "we just went out a couple of times, he's a nice guy! You shouldn't care, its none of your damn business!" I said, anger bubbling inside me. "Do you wanna know why I care so much? Do you really?" He asked, taking a couple steps forward. I swallowed thickly "uh-yeah-yeah. I do" I said, he got closer and closer, until we were face to face, his breath smelled like cigarettes. "I saw you two, outside" he whispered. I looked down at his lips then up to his eyes.

"Yeah?" I asked "yeah, I was out having a smoke, I saw everything" he said looking into my eyes "okay" I whispered. "I didn't like what I saw" he said "so? I don't care" I said. He backed away "really, you don't care?" He asked, raising his voice a little. I shook my head, confused as to why he was getting so angry about this. "Why does it bug you so much? I thought you were going to tell me?!" I yelled. He laughed "it doesn't matter now does it?" He asked "well, I wouldn't know because you won't tell me!" I yelled.

He sighed "Jesus fucking christ, can't you see?" He asked "see what?" I asked "I'm in love with you!"