18. Does that make me Sound Possessive?

Aiden's P.O.V.

It's about five AM when I open my eyes for the first time. The headache opening my eyes brought made me close them again with a groan. After laying there for probabaly thirty minutes, I realize I'm not getting back to sleep. I attempt to open my eyes again and look to the side, the smallest movements hurting my head.

There's a note on my side table, so I reach for it, taking it in my hands. I have to strain my eyes to read the words on the page through the veil of darkness surrounding my room.

Aiden,
Morning!  Sorry about your headache. Take the medicine on the table and drink some water, then come see me in my room.
Love, Sweetheart <3

I smile at the note my adorable dork left for me. Setting the note back on the table, I do as I'm told. After finishing my water and pills, I get up and change into fresh sweatpants, leaving my upper half bare. I'm too lazy for any other clothing.

The only thing I do to myself aside from that is brush my teeth and spritz cologne on. My screwed up hair can wait till later. I grab my cigarette pack and phone before heading to Charlie's room.

I have to walk fairly slowly out of my room and down the hall because of the pounding headache. It feels like someone put machine guns in my head and said "yippee ki yay, motherfucker" before pulling the trigger.

The hall is obviously still mostly dark since it's night, but there's is a faint light coming from a night light plug-in in the wall. As I near Charlie's room, I can see light coming from under her closed door, probably from her lamp.

I twist the door knob and slowly push the door open. Charlie is sprawled out in the weirdest way. The comforter is no longer completely around her as one leg is laying on top of it and its wrinkled in a weird way, her hair is a tangled mess, and her limbs are all over the place. The sight of her in this adorable state makes me smile.

I remove my phone and cigarette pack from my pocket and set them on the bedside table before crawling into bed next to her. I can hear her making soft noises in her sleep and I promise it's the cutest thing on earth.

I reach for the comforter and slowly move it out from under her before laying it over her, making sure she's warm. I decide it's best not to wake her yet and instead reach for her tv remote, being sure to turn down the volume and brightness of the tv by a lot, both so as not to wake her and to spare my head from the torture.

My eyes fixate on the dim screen, watching the news do a segment on lions in Africa. That reminds me, my sister should be home on Tuesday. I'll have to tell Charlie that sometime soon.

Charlie takes me out of my thoughts when she turns to her side in her sleep, facing me. The movement made her a mere inch away from me, somehow easing some of the stress my headache was causing me. I take that chance to study her features. Her brown hair has a little bit of wave but not enough to be considered beach waves, her skin is almost perfect but I'm glad it's not as that's what helps make her who she is, her cheeks have a constant rosey aspect to them that deepens when she's embarrassed. I don't know what it is about her that originally caught my attention, but I'm glad she did, I don't know what I'd do without her. I'd probably be the same awful guy I was with a different girl on my arm every night.

I shake my head thinking about it, I never realized how much I truly hated the guy I was. Thank god she came along. I hate to say it, but I might be falling for her, maybe. Well, yeah. I am. I know I'm an asshole and I ignored her for a while but it was to protect her and damnit it was hard. I wanted nothing more than to be able to tell her everything but I was scared she'd get hurt.

I was also a little selfish, I didn't want to tell her for fear of her hating me, it would've killed me knowing she thought of me as a monster. I mean, after all, I hurt people for a living. It's sick what I do but I have no other option if I want Sam to think everything's okay.