15. Speak of the Devil

Charlie's P.O.V.

After taking medicine for the pain, I convince myself that maybe some water will help me sleep. Dread comes over me as the thought crosses my mind though. If I choose to go downstairs, I'll have to walk all the way. My ankle may be getting better, but despite what you might think, your stomach plays a part in walking. 

Noticing I'm still in skinny jeans, I change into so sweatpants I found in the shopping bags. It was hell to put the on, but worth it in the end to get out of those uncomfortable jeans.

I sigh, preparing myself mentally for the trek to the kitchen and back. 

This should be fun.

I take a few steps out of the bathroom, holding my stomach with my left hand. It's not as bad as I expect, luckily. So I'm able to walk semi normally now. I guess a few hours of laying down and resting can really do a lot to heal the body. 

The hallway is dark aside from the nightlight that shines from inside my bedroom. I'm beginning to know my way in this house and start towards the living room area. This place isn't really as big as I'd thought before. It seemed massive, but in reality, it wasn't that bad. 

As I walk, light begins illuminating my pathway again. The kitchen lights downstairs must've been left on. As I suspected, the light's were on but no one was awake. They must've went home or to their rooms that I didn't previously know existed. This place is full of surprises I never saw coming. 

The pain increases the longer I walk. I get to the living room and pass through, walking past the island counter and into the open kitchen. The wood floor under me is freezing on my bare feet, and it's not helpful that I'm in just a tank top. I select the water option on the fridge and push my glass against the lever. 

Shivering, I look around the room as the water pours out. I notice Aiden's hoodie which I'd laid on the couch before I'd left. I don't think he'd mind too much if I wore it. I don't understand why this house is so cold right now. It wasn't like this earlier. 

When the water is done streaming out. I limp to the Mac computer on the desk in the living room and open the weather application. 

15 degrees outside! Seriously?! It was not even near that earlier! It's still autumn, what the heck?!

I shake my head. Nature astounds me. 

My limp is making itself more present as I walk over to the couch. Each step I take is quite a bit shakier than I'd like it to be. Thank god the couch is a comfy place to rest before going back to my room. As soon as I slip the hoodie on, I'm reminded of the comforting smell of Aiden's cologne. It's so calming, but at the same time, it reminds me of how much I miss him despite him having only been gone a few hours.

A small blanket lays across the couch as well so I pick it up, wrapping it around me. This is warm, but it doesn't compare to the warmth of Aiden's hoodie.

The door to the garage opens, startling me. Well, speak of the devil. 

Aiden's P.O.V.

I pull into the garage and park the bike. 

'Fuck' I think to myself. That was the coldest ride of my life. My leather jacket didn't even break the wind. It just got cold and made me even colder. To make matters worse, the bruise forming from the punch to my jaw was stinging from the cold as well.

I walk in and shut the door behind me. The leather jacket, being cold as I said, needed to come off now. So I take it off before locking the door. The exhaustion from the fight started to hit me about half way home. I lean my head against the door, sighing. Not much longer before I can sleep. I just need to check on Charlie and then I can sleep.