(33) Her Destiny |Scarlet's POV|

Oracle was waiting for us when we reached the packhouse and to my surprise she wasn't alone but accompanied by my ex-friend Sasha. I didn't know what the vampire had planned or why she was here with Oracle, but her presence alone didn't bode anything good for me.

Oracle looked her normal self dressed in an ankle length light blue dress and with her white hair braided back. As usual, she was barefoot. Sasha had opted for a more deliberate look and appeared to be trying to display her womanly curves the best she could.

It was not the short skirt that barely covered her private parts or the deep v-neck blouse she wore that annoyed me but her glowing face, her happy face, her sparkling eyes as she glimpsed my way. She looked good, better than good in fact. She looked radiant. She seemed to have weighed down a few pounds and there was no doubt in my mind about the reason behind her weight loss.

It was what happened to she-wolves in heat, she-wolves in heat who were thoroughly worked out by their mates, which wasn't my case.

A nick of envy sprang to life in my chest and I had the sudden urge to slap the happiness off the bitch's face but had to repress myself. With Regan's present disposition toward me, I had to contemplate the possible just deserts any such act could bring me and I didn't like the conclusion I reached.

Luna or not, mate or not, the Apex was going to exact his punishment if I acted out of character.

"Oracle, Alexandra," Michael greeted as soon as we stood in front of them. "I'm glad you accepted my invitation."

And he was the only one who could express the sentiment, I thought noticing Sasha's grimace and Oracle's curt jerk of her head before I had to stifle a laugh at the awkwardness of the situation.

Oblivious to the tension or maybe feigning ignorance, a moment later, the vampire prompted, "Let's go inside. Apex Regan has kindly granted us access to his cabinet for this informal meeting."

My brows shot up at the declaration that Regan had spared him time and allowed him inside his office but couldn't do the same for me. Still, I refrained from commenting and embarrassing myself and just followed the vampire inside. I couldn't hold back the rage that burst, though.

Once we made our way into Regan's private space, I almost sighed in relief. He wasn't there and for the first time in days it was a good thing that he had opted to stay out of this and not cross my path when I was so mad at him I would have probably killed him if an opportunity presented itself.

"This could take a while so let's sit down and get ourselves comfortable," Michael suggested and motioned at the couch and the set of armchairs by the coffee table.

I slumped down on the armchair while Michael took the one next to mine. Sasha, shockingly, guided Oracle to the couch and once they were sat too, Michael spoke, "So, I think I need to start from the beginning, your father, Scarlet. Your father's name is Schuyler Airhart and--"