Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

Warm sunlight spread across my back, shining across my face before I turned it to bury it into a soft cotton pillow. The bed was warm and pressing right up against the front of me was a small body. Folded velvet bat-like wings against my chest, a head of snow white hair tickling my stubbled chin, a long black feathered tail lay draped over my waist, porcelain skin glistening in the sunlight.

Dorean lay just under my arm, his arms drawing mine to his chest as he slept with the softest of purrs. A sound that drew me deep into slumber the night before, and many nights before that, and all the nights after. He was completely naked, so there was skin against skin contact that brought my cock to life so it was pressed hard against his backside.

A very faint smile came across his lips, eyes still closed. A wave of foreign tenderness swept through me and I kissed his ear. He laughed and buried his face against the pillow. I smirked and leaned in to kiss him again. He purred and his tail ran along my back, making me shiver.

"Good morning." I murmured against his soft hair as I buried my face into it. He shuddered with pleasure before tilting his head back until he was rolled on his back and looking up at me with hooded silver eyes that glittered beautifully. My heart hammered in my chest as he tilted his head up to kiss me on the lips before sinking back down against the pillows.

"Morning," He murmured, then yawned to show off his little fangs before smiling up at me, "Breakfast?"

"Hmm," I hummed thoughtfully, scooting upto sit against the headboard, pulling him up with me so he was against my chest and he purred at that, tilting his head back against my chest and reaching up to feel my face, "I like the sound of pancakes... Apple pancakes."

"Apple cinnamon pancakes." Dorean chirped. I groaned.

"That sounds heavenly."

"Shower, then breakfast."

"Sounds like a plan." I agreed. Dorean made a sound of delight and hopped from the bed, dragging me across it to stand beside him before we made our way to the shower. A routine that had become daily, and so soothing that I had forgotten what life had been like before. I savored the feel of foamy sugar cookie shampoo as I massaged it into Dorean's hair, listening to him hum and purr contently while he used washed my body. A few kisses here and there, shower sex that was completely unintentional. It was Dorean's fault for washing my crotch. Listening to him cry out and moan in pleasure, letting him teach me all the places on his body that made him melt like chocolate in my hands.

We went from the shower to the bedroom, played around a little more, before we got dressed and went to the kitchen. And just like we promised, we cooked breakfast together and sat down in front of the television together.

"You work today?" Dorean asked me as he slathered his pancakes with syrup. I nodded, sucking on my fork before jamming it into another pancake, crossing my feet at the ankles to rest on the glass coffee table. Dorean made a face at that, but he didn't yell at me. It didn't matter how many times he told me not to put my feet on the table, I did it anyway out of habit. He seemed to finally realize that.

"What about you?" I asked, taking a gulp of coffee. Dorean nodded, licking syrup off his fork.

"I go in... about an hour. Bella say she want me to work the register today! I get to push all the buttons and talk to all the people! I am excited. She also gave me some new books to read. I like vampires. They super nice!" He added excitedly. I smiled at that.

Dorean, after Hades formally renounced his slavery, had taken a job offering at Bella and Kristoff's Goth shop in Styx while Bella was out on maternity leave. And while she did stand around to make sure no one bothered Dorean, she didn't need to. People flooded in and loved talking to Dorean. I was almost jealous, but none of them got to see him as much as I did. Bella, Dorean, and I had discussed his working schedule and made it match up with my work schedule.