I wave to Lucas and Cassie as I run out of the house to Jace's car. Thank god he is sitting behind the wheel ready to go. All that we need now is Chloe. Now that I think about it doesn't her having sex with Nick mean they are now mated? She is human but he is a werewolf. Is that even possible? It would be cool if it was so Chloe and I can experience everything together but at the same time it is weird to think about. 

"Can a human be mates or mate with a werewolf?" I ask turning to face him. He doesn't have a shirt on and smells vaguely of Body spray. He scrunches up his forehead probably thinking about it. It is one of the cutest facial expressions that he makes.

"They aren't mates naturally but can be mated and turned into mates." He answers pulling up his signature smirk. Does that mean Nick and Chloe are mated? Sure they make a cute couple but it is a little soon. It's basically like getting married after only a month. Then she has to have kids in a year, oh geez. I cannot picture Chloe as a mom, she is so irresponsible. 

"So if a human and a werewolf have sex they are mated?" I ask trying to wrap my head around my human sister getting mated before me. Chloe doesn't even like boyfriends, let alone forever soul mates. 

"Yeah but the human has to drink a bit of the were's blood. Just a little, like a paper cut" Jace answers as Chloe emerges from the house. Her shirt is on backwards and she's holding her shoes. Her hair is messed up and she's wearing Nick’s Jacket. She looks horrible, hopefully she will be okay for the dinner in less than an hour.

As soon as she gets in, Jace speeds towards our house. I shoot her meaningful stares through the side mirror to which I am answered with silence. I just can't believe she slept with Nick. I know she isn't a virgin but I didn't think she would do it this quick. Trees, trees, and more trees flash before the window until we finally pull out into the driveway of the house. Last night was so fun, going back home seems awful. Let alone the fact that we have to hide where we were and get ready very fast.

"See you in a half hour" Jace smiles kissing my temple, miniature sparks seem to bounce around my brain from where his lips meet my skin. I will never get over that feeling. I jump out of the car and chase after Chloe who has already disappeared into the house.  We are definitely going to have to hurry.

                                                                              <~*~>

“We are leaving in five minutes girls!" Dad yells up the stairs. I am fully dressed in a semi- casual dress and flats but I haven't gotten the courage to leave my room. The thought of meeting Jace's parents is so nerve wracking. His dad sounds so strict and awful, I'm scared I won't be good enough. His dad will probably want to know my leadership skills and everything else, but I don't have any. I am not prepared to be a Luna, a mom, or anything else that is required of me and I'm afraid I never will be.

I sigh taking a last look at myself in the mirror before walking over to Chloe's bedroom. her perfume practically hits me in the face as soon as I make it into the room. She's sitting at her desk putting on eyeliner carefully in almost an identical dress to mine. Ugh, I do not want to talk about what we have to talk about right now.

"Come on spill" I sigh sitting heavily on her bed. She spins around in the chair raising one perfectly shaped eyebrow. She literally spends a whole day plucking her eyebrows once a month, I don't get the point. She obviously knows what I want her to tell me but she keeps silent.

"Are you m-mated?" I ask looking down at my feet, this is too awkward. Chloe's face goes from awkward to shocked as she processes what I asked her. What doesn't she know that is possible?

"Is that possible?" She shrieks bounding down the stairs. Oh my gosh, is she stupid? I know she is irresponsible but this? It's like not knowing you can get pregnant the first time. I give her the most exasperated look leading the way to the van. This is unbelievable, she can't be serious. Frustrated I grab phone texting her. In a car with Mom, Dad, Kameron, and Ian, it is impossible to talk about Chloe possibly being mated.

R- How could you do it without knowing what could happen?

C- It just happened we were in the moment!

R-  Well did you drink his blood?

C- Wtf?

I read the texts rolling my eyes with each one. Outside of the car houses speed past as Dad thankfully takes the long way there. still, we should be there in five minutes.  Ian is singing some song he learned at school and Kameron is sexting some girl. Today might actually be one of the most nerve wracking day of my life, and of course my family is only adding to that stress.

R- Jace told me that is how a human and a werewolf become mates...

C- No, I did not. But he did ask me to be his girlfriend :)

Oh that's cute, but it is a little soon. They do make an adorable couple though. I push her head laughing at absolutely nothing, maybe all this stress has made me crazy. Speaking of stress my heart skips a beat as we pull up to the curb of one of the biggest houses I have ever seen in my 16 years of existence. It is square and yellow with a red tower on the top. I knew Jace was rich but I never thought he was this rich.

Ian jumps out before us racing up to the porch. There is a white picket fence and a rose garden separating the house from the street, and completes the look. It looks exactly like a picture of a house Ian drew last week for homework. I almost forget about what is waiting inside for me as we walk up the cobbled path to the doorway. My heart beats erratically as Jace's scent fills my nose from almost everywhere, at least I have that to calm me down. 

"ready?" Kameron whispers as Dad knocks quietly on the door. No I am definitely not ready for this, but here I am.  Well here it goes...

________________________________________________________

SORRY IT TOOK SOOOOOO LONG!