A Little Warmth

Brybry said goodbye to her mom and promised to be safe. Then we both got in the car to head off on our adventure.

"Where to first?" She asked Dean.

"We have to find Crowley to find out where Rowena is hiding out." Dean explained.

"Where can we find him?" Brybry asked.

"Closest place? About 137 miles from here." Dean replied.

"Oh great." I said to Brybry. "Not only do we get to save people like Sam and Dean, but we also get to endure the long car rides like Sam and Dean."

"With Sam and Dean." She added. "So Sam, plan on cutting your hair anytime soon?"

Dean snickered, swapping hands on the wheel. Sam raised an eyebrow at Dean.

"What?" Dean asked innocently. "I'm not the only one who notices."

We giggled in the back, watching what Brylie started.

I chatted with Brybry for a bit, listening in to Sam and Dean's conversation every once in a while. Eventually I felt a bit sleepy, so I laid back in the seat, closed my eyes, and drifted off to sleep to the hum of the tires.

I dreamt that I was back in school, doing the test. It was odd though, because I had the sense that it was a dream. So I got up from my desk, said "This is stupid, I'm not doing this.", and tore my test to shreds. My teacher was furious, but as he came toward me I was yanked from my dream world and back into reality.

I woke up with blurry vision, not sure exactly where I was. It took me a second to recognize the Impala. When my vision cleared, I saw Brybry sitting next to me. I lifted myself up and heard something slide behind me. I reached behind me to grab whatever had slid down. I looked at it and realized that Brylie had made her coat into a makeshift pillow for me. I looked at her arms. She had goosebumps. She was cold. I looked at her and smiled. She had sacrificed her warmth for my comfort. I unbundled it and put it around her.

"I was wondering when you'd wake up." She told me as she grabbed the collar of her coat and slipped her arms in the sleeves.

I heard the brakes of the Impala and felt a slight pull forward. I looked out of the windshield and saw that we were stopped at a Burger King. Sam and Dean got out to go get some food. Brylie got out and yelled something to them. Then she looked at me and held out her hand. I grabbed it and she pulled me across the seat and out of the car.

"We need to get you a coat and some new clothes. You're still in your school uniform." She observed.

"True." I said

We walked across the parking lot to the conveniently placed mall. I was blasted with heat when we walked through the automatic doors. I followed her to Hot Topic (to get some Supernatural clothes). We scouted out a black and white shirt that said "Hunter In Training" and had an anti-possession symbol on it, for safety. We also picked out a flannel so I'd have another layer. Just for a little extra, she found some matching silver necklaces with anti-possession symbols. Then she lead me to a different shop and had me pick out a thick coat. I chose a black one to attract less attention, and to blend in when hiding in the dark. She payed for me (since all my money is Australian). She took out the necklaces we had bought. She hooked one around her neck, then hooked mine around my neck for me. We were officially safe.

We walked out and rejoined Sam and Dean. Just as we sat down, a very recognizable voice said a famous line.

"Hello boys."