The Sun, the Moon, and the Stars

Start from the beginning

"We'll go to your house for now." He mumbled and I nodded, moving back into my seat, sad at his abrupt dismissal. But I had to think about him, his parents had just kicked him out it wasn't a small deal.

We arrived at my house and he got out, I opened my door and he waited for me at the front of the car. I gave his hand a reassuring touch and led him in.

I peeked into the living room but no one was there, and then I heard the cries of Raif coming from the dining room. Mikhail and I met eyes at my brothers weird antics and I was glad to see that a hint of a smile was appearing on his face. We both took our shoes off, knowing that my mother would have our heads if we didn't.

Just as we reached the dining room I pushed Mikhail behind the wall and grinned, "just wait." I whispered as he rolled his eyes with a smile.

"Did you do it?!" My mother screeched as she caught the sigh of me. I blushed and nodded. "Well way he say?!" She continued, "he..he kicked me out and told me he likes Raif not me and I took a long time because I fainted there." I blurted out trying to hide my laughter.

My parents both simultaneously face palmed as Raif clapped.

"Yassss Mikhail yass," Raif said and then Mikhail appeared behind me calming them down, "she's lying," he flicked me on the side of the head, "stop lying."

He said his salaam's to my parents and my mom not able to control herself got up and petted him all over the head. "Oh darling, do you know how happy this makes me!" She said rubbing her teary eyes and pulling his head down onto her shoulder.

I grinned and watched as Mikhail started to relax into the atmosphere but I knew we had to tell them. My dad however sensed it, he took one look at both our faces and said, "there's something wrong though. What's wrong?"

My mother sat us down and started putting food for us onto our plates. I looked over at Mikhail who had his head down and was slouched in his chair. Raif who was sitting beside him took in his disheveled look and with anger said, "they kicked you out didn't they."

Mikhail nodded. My mother put a hand to her forehead as my father grimaced, "ya Allah," my mother said going into her panic mode. "It's okay Mikahil, just uh just eat, don't worry about anything. Maaz will go talk to your father, won't you Maaz?"

My father choked on his spit, "no I'm scared of hi--" my mother smacked the back of his head, "okay yes."

"Mikhail, son, I'll sort this out for you, don't wo-"

Mikhail shook his head and looked up at all three faces, "no uncle, Aunty, please don't talk with them, I don't want to go back into that house. Thank you though really-"

"Then you can stay here, I'll have the guest room sorted out for you, Rafa and Raif will be here with you, it'll be comfortable. " My mother said, I grinned at him and he peeked at me but then looked down and shook his head.

My smile turned into a frown, "I can't take that much from you, you've already done so much for me since the day we met..I-I can't I'm sorry." He said mumbling towards the end.

"But Mikhail, we still have two months of school-" Raif said with worry in his eyes. "I have enough credits, I'll graduate early, I'll get a good job while doing University and..and then Rafa...Rafa I'll come back for you, I'll come back for your daughter." He said looking up at my father towards the end who has said nothing throughout the whole thing.