Pondering and More Proposals

Guys I'm so dumb I just realized that I wrote how they meet up at school and talk. BUT THEY'RE ON THEIR WINTER BREAK!! Ugh stupid me, so sorry 'bout that I don't know how I messed up that bad, I suck lol sorry. I fixed it all up so if you want you can read it again.

----------
Mikhail's pov

"I can't do this." She whispers as we sit in my  fogged up jeep with the heater on max.

"I know," I reply with a gentle tone. "I'll drop you off at home okay?"

I watch as she vigorously nods her head before leaning against the window. Rubbing a hand over my face I start the car to make our way out of the Mosques parking lot.

"Here." She mumbles and I turn towards her watching as she fumbles with taking the ring I gave her off. I shake my head and stop her by placing my own cold hands over her soft warm ones. "No, keep it."

"Think of it as a promise ring." I say but very quietly so she doesn't hear.

"What why?" She asks as I push it back onto her finger, I shrug and reverse the car, "I think you just need some time to think, I shouldn't have pressured you in like that."

"No, you didn't, don't worry. It's just that...such a big commitment you know an-..and marriage should be out of love not like..this."

But I do love you, like a best friend or more than one, that part I'm not so sure about.

"Yeah you're completely right, I'll think of a new plan."

"It's a good plan but I just need to ponder over it and stuff y'know." She says wringing out her fingers and fiddling with the ring, I nod and take my hat off my heated ears. Out of the corner of my eye she stares at me for a few seconds before turning back to the window which makes me smile.

After reading all about Islamic marriage and a couple of hadiths on the topic, I knew Rafa had a billion thoughts running through her head. The way her nose scrunched up and the creases that formed between her eyebrows made me regret putting this idea out there.

For all I know, she probably likes someone else.

Man, stupid Raif. Slapping him all around would feel so good right now. For an eighteen year old he really needs to grow up and start learning that there are people that care deeply for his safety. Me being one of them.

Eighteen. That's another thing. Rafa and I are only eighteen, why did the topic of marriage even pop up into my head when figuring out ways that could allow us both to go find Raif. Maybe that's why she reacted so surprised when I popped it out there.

"You just missed the turn Mikhail." She said glancing at me. I look in the rearview realizing that I did and mumble a sorry before making a U-turn. I stop the car in her driveway and say, "I'll text you later yeah?"

She nods and says, "thank you," before opening the door and jumping out. She takes a few steps away towards her house before coming back and knocking on the window, I roll it down and smile at her, "yeah?"

"I mean it when I say thank you. Thank you for wanting to find Raif as much as I do, thank you for driving me home and always checking up on me to see if I'm alright. Thank you for being so cheesy in your speech I loved it and thank you for being the best of the best friends even when your parents reallyyy dislike me." She says chuckling towards the end, her cheeks flush red from the cold and her nose brighter than a tomato.