Jinns and Teddy Bears

Rafa's pov

I giddily wrapped my black scarf around my head and then over my nose so only my eyes were shown. Looking around my really messy room I found my black gloves and put those on too.

I have officially become part of the ninja world. But before I could make my escape I heard the low voices of my parents talking and walking up the stairs, so I quickly dived into my bed and pulled the blanket over me hiding my whole body underneath.

The door creaked open and I heard my father say, "atleast this one doesn't give us heart problems."

Oh shiz. I'm supposed to be the responsible one of course! And here I am thinking about how I'm going to climb up to Mikhail's window to get Raif's journal. I lay quietly though as they continuing whispering.

"If Raif doesn't come back in the next week or so we're calling the police okay Maaz?" I heard my mother say as they shut the door and walked off down the hall.

I heard a distant 'mhmm' before hearing their bedroom door close. Throwing the blanket off me I forced myself into a huge black sweater telling myself over and over that this is in no way deceiving my ever so loving parents. I was going to bring their son back home, they won't get mad.

I sat for a few minutes just to make sure my parents fell asleep before making my way over to my window sill. I struggled to lift the heavy wooden frame up but after using the technique Raif taught me I finally managed to open it and be greeted with a flurry of tiny snowflakes.

Of course I would forget about the coldness. Sighing to myself I grabbed two more extra large hoodies (stolen from Raif of course) before putting them on and looking in the mirror.

I look like a burnt snowman. One that went through hell twice and somehow managed to put on extra weight.

Shrugging I put a hat over my scarf and throw a leg over the window sill. I slowly raised my other leg before taking light steps on the roof towards the tree in the corner. My pudgy arms grabbed a hold of the thickets branch and I hung from it for a while before falling down to the floor landing on my butt, the things I do for my stupid brother.

~~~~

After nearly dying twice, once by being chased by a random cat, and the other almost getting hit by a car, I finally made it to Mikhail's house.

Taking deep breaths I snuck around his huge house taking forever to reach the backside. It was much bigger than the one he used to live in which was the house beside ours, nearly four stories high and a backyard the size of Africa.

I pushed myself flat against the brick walls so as not to be seen. Seen from who I'm not sure but this is a whole lot fun when you do it like the movies do it.

I noticed the living room lights on but looked up to find Mikhail's window tainted dark, meaning his lights were closed. I sent a silent prayer to Allah before pulling my hat down and grabbing onto a pipe that is probably used for the rainfall from the gutters.

I leaped up and grabbed a hold but my upper body failed me and I slid back down into the soft snow. I grumpily did this a couple of times before realizing that I wouldn't be able to get up this way. I trudged around in the snow thinking of ways to get up to his room.

Finally that eureka moment happened and I did the most riskiest thing in my life. I ran to the front of the house and rang the doorbell a billion times before quickly dashing back to the backyard. Looking through the windows I found his parents no where in sight in the living room. I tested my luck on the back door and to my surprise it actually opened.