Silver Bells.

“Whoa… Isn’t Christmas over already?” you laughed as you held the two, little bells over the bag they came from. They tingled their soft sound as you did so. That sound. It felt so refreshing and relaxing. It made you feel young, somewhat.

“Oh! I guess it’s my turn!” you heard someone say behind you.

You turned around to see Lau standing up from the couch, waving clouds of smoke away from his face. It was a surprise Ciel even let him smoke in here. Beside him, Ran-Mao stood up and looked at you blankly, gripping her master a bit protectively.

“I’ll be right back, Ran-Mao, ok?” Lau said to his follower, his face smiling happily at hers. Ran-Mao nodded, slowly sitting back down, then lying on the couch, occupying every bit of it. It was as if she was saving his seat until Lau was done playing.

“Oooookay… Um. Hello there, Lau.” You said, awkwardly walking by him to the closet.

“Greetings, __________. Good to see you.” He replied, his hands hidden by his long sleeves as they connected together.

You let out a small giggle. It was just so ironic. You couldn’t expect him to ‘see’ you as his eyes were almost never open now that you think about it. It was amazing how he could manage to live like this.

“Have fun, you two.” Sebastian said as he closed the door on you. The last glimpse you see from the outside was Ran-Mao surrounded by gawking gentlemen and she was obviously making use of her ‘short’ skirt.

“Oh! Um… Here..” you said, forgetting that you still held the little bells that were clenched in your palm.

“Hmm… With the two of us in this dark room… With the door closed… It could only mean one thing.” He started after a few moments since you offered the bells.

Your heart can’t help but beat a little bit faster. It was bad enough that the dark surrounded you. And even worse that door was locked.

“Wait, what are we doing exactly?” he suddenly asked, his innocent tone was on.

“Ugh.. Oh, Lau…” you sighed to yourself, falling for another one of his ‘moments’ that always gets the Lord Phantomhive in a bad mood. “Do you even know this game?”

“Hmmmm…. Hmmmm.. No. Why?”

“UGHH! SERIOUSL--- Ugh… This is Seven Minutes in Heaven…. Nothing?”

“Not ringing any bells… Haha.. Get it? It’s because you picked bells earlie—“

“YES, I GET IT. Really, Lau… This game is.. pretty serious, actually.” By this point, you were trying to calm yourself down.

There was awkward silence for a while. The only thing audible was the tinkling of teacups outside the door and your controlled breathing.

“Don’t stop, ________.” He said, a bit of playfulness in his tone. “I like you when you’re annoyed.”

“What?”

“It’s adorable.”

“Excuse me?”

“Haha! Your faces are priceless whenever I trick you, guys, into something that you thought I know!” He starts laughing. Was this supposed to make you feel better? “But.. I always like teasing you the most, you know.”

Your face instantly burned. What?

“But seriously, I really don’t know what to do in here.” He asked again.

You held your anger in a quick inhale. As soon as you overcame that, you can’t help but smile as a thought came into your mind. A thought that might shut him up in a nice way. Either way, it’s a win-win situation for everyone.

“Hey, Lau…” you started, relaxed and totally different from what you were before.

“Yes?”

“You don’t have to know.”

With that, at the moment he was still wondering about what you said, you used this opportunity to gently pull his shoulders and attach your lips to his. You felt his whole body stiffen as you did so. There’s no taking it back, anymore. His lips taste of recently smoked opium, it was making you dizzy.

Slowly, you feel his lips curl into a smile as you place your hands on his face. You soon felt his snake-like arms wrap around your waist. Everything felt right. You never even knew you had feelings for Lau until now. Well, now you do. I bet he probably has now for you as well.

He pushes you to the wall, gentle but still making an audible thump for the others to hear outside. You broke away, gasping for the lack of air you have. Your hands, not leaving his smooth face cannot control themselves as your thumbs caress his cheeks. You feel him grind himself to you, enjoying the time you’re close together.

“W-What about Ran-Mao?” you said, feeling guilt at the back of your head.

“Don’t worry… I would never let her hurt you.” He answered back, panting as well.

You felt a sense of security with him. Taking passion away and putting love this time, you pull him into a hug. He chuckled as he pats the back of your head reassuringly, kissing it once in a while. And as if he knew you two were done, Sebastian opened the door.

“Sorry to interrupt but time’s up.” He said, smiling with his eyes closed.

“Are you mocking me?” Lau replied as he looked at him with a false smile, still not breaking your hug. There was no answer for a moment then Lau linked his arm in yours. “Come, I’ll introduce you with my girls.”

“Wait, what?” you ask, getting a bit dragged outside the closet.

“But no, I won’t make you work in my establishment where men can order women around doing things of whatnot.” He talked on. “I’m sure you and Ran-Mao can get along!”

“She’ll kill me!” you pressed on, still being hesitant.

“Oh, ________... Here. Now she won’t hurt you.” He stopped and got the bells that you thought were still in your hand. You didn’t even know he took it. You looked closer to see that the two, small bells actually had a small clip in the middle of them. Lau carefully placed the bell-clip on the right side of your head, clipping some of your hair that covered your ear.

“What? You know better that two measly bells isn’t gonna hold her off.” You scoffed.

“It tells you that you’re mine.”

Nothing could’ve sounded more reassuring than that.

Forgive me if it was so short! XD It was late when I wrote this...