Chapter 27: Party?

I woke up a little earlier the next day and after getting ready, I go down to the kitchen to get myself a glass of warm milk, something mom would always give me when an episode occurred. I went down to the kitchen where Cameron already was, hopefully he doesn't catch on to anything...

"Hey Ann, could I have some warm milk," I say softly in hopes that Cameron would be too distracted with his phone to take notice but as I say the words, I see his eyebrow shoot up and he turns to face me.

"Is everything okay?"

"Good morning Cam and yes." I lie.

"Are you sure?" he says again and gives me a scan over.

"Yes,"

"Milk?"

"I just miss home," is what I come up with and he nods but I know he doesn't buy it.

"If there is anything you will tell me, yeah?"

"Yes Cam."

"You promise?"

"Yes,"

"Say that you promise,"

"I promise Cameron that I will tell you if anything happens."

He gives me a long look again before he turns back to his phone.

I let out a long sigh as the cup of milk is set in front of me, "Here you go,"

"Thanks Ann," I say and take a quick sip from the cup.

I look through my phone as I drink my warm milk slowly, looking at the messages from Emily and Rose.

Rose: Camilla

Rose: Josh seems to be looking for you

Emily: Yeah, he asked some of my classmates about you

Emily: if asks for you again you need to be strong

Emily: gurl be strong okay

Rose: stay safe too

Me: Seriously?

Me: he's asking for me

Me: don't worry Emily I'm not giving him anything

*****

It has been so long and I can't help but feel myself missing that certain someone. I don't know why I feel like this and it's hard to explain but when I think of him, butterflies start swarming in my stomach and a smile will slowly find its place on my face. It's been exactly three weeks now and I have no idea what I am going to do. I shouldn't feel this way but I can't help the way I feel. It was like missing a friend deeply, but at the same time, it feels like more than that.

*****

I see a familiar shadow as I walk out of the lecture. I run up to him from behind and pulled off his cap off the top of his head and when he whizzed around, I gave him a small hug.

"Hey Eugene," I say with a huge smile on my face.

"I was actually looking for you," he says softly.

"Where have you been?" I ask casually.

"It's a long story, you still live at the mansion, right? Let me give you a ride," he says and he leads me to his car.

I slide into the seat and we take off towards the mansion, it didn't take long for him to continue our conversation.

"So, I moved out to my parents' as you know. It's been ... Well, quite hectic but it's not too bad now, I just thought that I wanted to talk to you."

"How did you find me?"

"I asked your brother,"

"Oh," duh.

"Well, do you remember the letter I gave you right before I left?"

"Yes," I reply as he pulls up to the mansion. Never had I wished the journey was longer.

"Well, I've remembered what I forgot." He says and motions for me to pass my phone to him.

I pass it to him and sees as he types something into a memo, a string of numbers is what I see when he passes it back to me.

I already feel a blush overtake my cheeks as I read the numbers, my heart picking up speed.

"You're wearing it," he says and I look up to meet his eyes which showed something I could not quite decipher.

"The bracelet, you're wearing it." He says, motioning to my hand.

"I've been wearing it since the day I opened it," I reply softly, feeling a knot gather in my stomach.

He lifts my hand gently and looks at the bracelet, giving my hand a soft kiss.

"Thank you," he whispers.

I nod gently, suddenly stolen of my ability to speak and gather my things quickly before leaving the car.

"Thanks for the ride," I say softly before closing the door.

I see him drive off before I enter the house, the first person I meet was right by the window, crap.

"Hey Norris,"

"Hello Camilla," he replies with a grin, "So Eugene drove you back?"

"Yeah,"

"He got your number too?"

"Well, I have his number now..."

"Same, same. So, are you guys a thing now?"

"No! I just got his number, besides, I don't think I'm going to be a 'thing' with anyone any time soon." I try reasoning even though I knew I was fighting a losing battle.

"Sure thing," he says with a chuckle and leaves for the recreational room.

I want to look into my relationship with Eugene for the day but I can't tonight because tonight, I'll be getting ready for the party with Emily.

*****

I get in the car, taking the seat beside Emily.

"So this party... Are you sure it's good? Cause if it is I think the boys would want to go."

"Well... I don't actually know but I heard a ton of people are going there,"

"You heard."

"Yes," Emily replies as the car pulls to a stop.

We get out and it is obvious that I was right.

"A ton of people are going there, she said,"

"Let's check inside first, we can't judge a book by its cover now, can we?"

"Sure we can't," I reply but follow behind her anyway.

We come up to the front door and she puts her ear to the door, "I hear music," she saiys excitedly.

"Well, it's not very loud, now is it?"

Emily made a face in reply and I couldn't help but let out a soft laugh.

"This party's a pooper so let's go somewhere else."

"Where to?" I ask as we walk down the path to the road.

"There's a 24 hour café nearby, let's go try it out." She says.

"Alright, let's give that a go."

Emily drives us towards our destination and we come toward a house which has an ambulance parked in the driveway.

"I'm sure they're fine," Emily quickly says as we get nearer toward the vehicle.

"Yeah, I hope they are," I say as I glance out the window and try to see the faces of those who were there, I wish I hadn't.