Chapter 19 - A Holiday gift

It had been a some time since Alexander lost his memories. It was currently Christmas Eve, and he was still in a hospital bed. It was past visiting hours, thus why no one was here. So Alexander had no choice but to watch sappy Christmas movies. Currently he was on 'Elf'.
Alexander turned his head to the presents neatly wrapped on a table nearby, curiously he grabbed one.
"No one said I couldn't open these."

He opened the first.

'Hey...this is my fault. I know we haven't talked much, and I fucked up badly...but I want your forgiveness... I hope you like the present I got you. Anyway when I heard you were shot, my world crumbled...not as badly as John's but still. It was my fault this all started. Now, we weren't close but you supported me and Eliza. And for that I thank you.
Here...

- Maria'

The card was on top of a neatly wrapped box, he opened it to find a novel of 'Lin-Manuel-Miranda'. And chocolates, classic. He smiled. He loved the novel, and was glad to finally own it.

Another present.

'Mon ami. Whats the FUCK? You got shot Infront of Me! I was torn in which side to support, I knew John since middle skool and I knew I had to supports him. Anyway, your my best of ami's and I'm deeply hurt that your hurt. I wish we could spend the holidays in our apartment binge watching Harry Potter while eating crappy microwaved food. I miss how we would go and prank ze 'SMBMFDR' or 'Southern (minus burr) Mother Fucking Dramatic Roomates'. I miss how we would go to the mall just to try on clothes and take photos but never by them. I miss just the group being together. We are not one without the other.
I know my writing is not as...sharp as yours, but I took time and thought into this. And I miss you, I say that quite alot no? I hope this gift would make you very happy.
I wish you a merry holiday,
And also I ate all of Santa's cookies.
Please forgive me.

- love FrenchFry Lafayette'

(Lafayette check ur grammar)
(^^ That's a joke mk?)

Alexander looked inside at the gift.
It was a gift card with a $100 and a album of stupid Christmas carols.
Classic Lafayette.

' Who put the glad in gladiator?

That ^^ you used to say. And I would jump out of nowhere scaring the living soul out of someone.
Mwahaaaa. I remember doing that to you.
Anyway the day when you were...you know. Bullet thingy. My life paused.
My closest friend, potentially dying. When you lost your memory my heart shattered, you don't remember anything recent.
Fudge I'm crying,
Anyway you may notice how we are not noting your loss of memory or recent times.
-insert shrug emoji- ah well. That's for a reason. Keeping this short and simple. I miss you, your like a little brother to me. I know how much you like to write so here.

- Hercules (Mulligan)

Inside was a pen, and ton of paper. Topped with a nice green coat.
Aww. How sweet.

Alexander continued to read every letter. Every one was moving and sentimental, even Jefferson's. Alexander grabbed the second to last box.

'....how do I start this...uh...
I'm sorry.. I should've never yelled at you..I wanted to hear your side of the story, but I was just clouded by anger and pain. But it pains me now that your in a hospital bed, missing out on activities we would do this time around.
Like caroling. Or shit like that. Most of your traits I would find enduring but others would hate. I miss your little laugh and smile...I want to hold you. And say I love you. Every day I wake up and look over, expecting you to be sleeping beside me, or over by your bed. Only to find a empty space.
It hurts like hell to think I could wake and you would be gone.
I'm glad I didn't lose you that day. I could tell you I loved you one last time. Kiss you one last time...
Please stay strong for me. I love you, and nothing will change that.
Gee I sound like a guy from a sad fan-fiction.

Here. If someone didn't give you this already.

- Love John'

A single tear fell on the letter. Alexander just smiled. These people he doesn't know writes him sad letters, and he cries.
He's stronger than that. He looks inside the gift box, and there laid a notebook and a heart note saying: 'a little something for your rapid mind'. "It's...so pretty." Alexander laughed, he sounded like a kid.
Maybe he is a kid.

He noticed one last gift. He opened it. 'To Alexander, From the Crew'
Inside was a scrapbook, he opened it.

He was amazed.

Every little moment was caught and put into here,

'Moving in!'
The photo showed the Crew huddled in-front of the camera.

And 'Halloween - The Spoops!'
Every drunk and dancing.

And so much more.

Slowly, the dam holding memories broke.

---

HamSandwich: John, holy fuck

Turtle_Boi: Yeah

HamSandwich: I remembered everything.

Turtle_Boi: HOLY FUCK WHAT

HamSandwich: Get the crew's ass over here before I flip my shit.

(a/n Merry Christmas!)