ten

jieun felt uncomfortable.

"soyeon... is there anything you need?" she asked, putting down her book and smiling at the girl who was giving her a creepy stare.

"not really," she said, scooting closer to her desk. "but what's up with you and jaebum?" soyeon asked, wriggling her eyebrows and smirking.

"what?" jieun questioned. "what do you mean?"

"you know exactly what i mean." she said, the creepy smirk never leaving her face. "do you like him?"

jieun sighed and closed her book. "i don't think so."

"you don't 'think' so?" 

jieun stared at her desk. "yeah. i don't think so."

soyeon gave her friend a sympathtic smile. "i think he likes you, though. he's never been so close to another coworker before." 

jieun smiled. "maybe we're just really close friends."

"no way, girl. i've seen the way he looks at you." soyeon snapped. 

jieun ran a hand through her hair. "i guess i just don't... want him to like me."

"why?" soyeon asked. "you two look really good together." 

jieun slouched in her seat, letting her hair cover half her face. "...i still have feelings for my ex."

soyeon made an "o" shape with her mouth. "i'm sorry for asking."

jieun shook her head. "no, it's okay. i guess i needed to say it out loud for once." she sighed. "doesn't really make me feel any better, though."

"you want to talk about it?"

she shook her head. "not really."

"ah," she said, gathering her things. "well, if you want to talk about it, i'll always be here." she stood up. "i gotta go to my next class now. see you at work!" 

jieun waved at her and put her book in her backpack. 

i just miss him. like crazy.