four

jieun awoke to a loud ringtone with groggy eyes and tangled hair.

soyeon: do you need a ride to the bakery?

jieun rubbed her eyes and responded.

jieun: it's okay. i can walk there-- it's not that far.

jieun got out of bed and began to get ready for the day to come.

◆ ◇

"here's your apron and name tag. you'll be monitoring the tables and making sure all the customers are attended to." jieun nodded at the young man standing in front of her. "let the employees worry about food preparation."

he smiled. "thank you so much for taking time out of your day to help us. we really appreciate it."

jieun shook her head. "it was no problem. i always have a pair of helping hands to lend." she laughed.

he chuckled. "people should start coming soon. if you need any help, don't hesitate to ask me. i'll be in the kitchen and i'll be making drinks in the front as well. just ask for jaebum." he smiled as he walked away. "good luck!"

jieun stood behind the counter and put on her apron, sighing at the sense of nostalgia that hit her as she tied the knot behind her.

reminds me of the shop... she thought. i wonder how they're doing?

soon, loud chatter was heard with the jingle of the door, and jieun gave herself a mental cheer of motivation as she walked to their table with a smile.

"good morning, may i take your order?"