seventeen

jungkook laid in his bed wide awake.

he let his mind wander off to the mysterious girl he couldn't reach-- the image of her long brown hair swaying with the wind lingering in his head. who was she? what connection did he have with her? was she real or just a figment of his imagination? was he going insane?

due to his clouded mind (and getting mildly annoyed by the sounds of namjoon's snoring below him), jungkook carefully slipped out of the top bunk and into a leather jacket with a black mask.

talking a deep breath of the cold, seoul air, he made his way to the nearest 24 hour convenience store.

"welcome," the cashier mumbled with a lazy tone.

jungkook paid him no heed as he made his way straight to the ramen section.

examining his options, he concluded on a spicy beef shin ramyeon set. he wasn't even really that hungry in the first place, but he needed something to get his mind of his dreams that night.

he made his way to the drinks section very absentminded and tired. he yawned as he walked, causing him to bump into a figure walking towards him.

"ah!" the person gasped as she stumbled back, dropping all her snacks on the ground.

"i'm so sorry! i wasn't watching where i was walking." she said, bending down to pick up her groceries.

"no i'm sorry," he said, bending down to help the girl.

the girl's head snapped up at the sound of the man's voice.

soyeon wasn't expecting anything to come out from this three a.m. convenience store excursion. she had just wanted some snacks to help heal her broken heart after the incident with jaebum and jieun, and now here she was, crouching next to a famous idol?

what was she supposed to do? how was she supposed to act? she wanted to ask for a picture or something to commemorate this once in a lifetime moment. but after seeing the dark circles underneath his eyes and his disheveled hair, she held back her desires and decided to just let the moment pass out of consideration for the exhausted man.

"here." he said, standing up with his arms full of doritos and oreos. "i'll pay for these."

"n-no, no!" she protested, mentally cursing herself for stuttering. "it's fine, don't worry about it." she snatched the snacks out of his arms and bowed. "thank you for helping, and sorry once again for bumping into you." soyeon turned around and walked towards the cashier.

jungkook watched as the girl's figure got smaller, and listened to the sound her shoes made as they made contact with the floor.

he watched her long, brown hair sway back and forth as she walked.

jungkook clenched his shirt as he felt a slight pain in his chest. his head started to spin a little as he put down his ramen packet and walked towards the exit.

he pulled out his phone to check the time, wanting to go back to the dorm as soon as possible.

3:43am.