e i g h t e e n

18

The redhead pulled up, adjacent to a big house. There were many cars and teens surrounding it, red solo cups perched in their hands.

"Lydia, this where the party is?" Jade asked, gulping. The last time she was their she was running out, tears blurring her eyes.

"Yeah, I thought you said you where over him"

"Yeah, I am" She took a deep breath, eyes still fixed on the building.

"Good, lets go" Lydia smiled getting out of the car and walking to the entrance. She knocked on the door and it almost immediately flung open.

It revealed a built guy, he was a jock, he had bright blue eyes that contrasted from the solo cup held in his hand.

"Hey Lydia." He smiles, showing pearly whites.

"Chase" Lydia's acute voice, chirped, rubbing his shoulder, flirtatiously. He smirked at her coy movement, turning to the confused lycanthrope.

"Jade, I'm glad you came you look h-great."

"Thanks" She said unenthusiastically, walking off into the crowds of hormonal teens.

Jade heel clad feet lead her to the back yard. An in ground pool sat perfectly in the middle just like she remembered, only this time, teens danced around it some holding cups of an alcoholic beverage and conversing with their fellow tipsy associates.

Jade looked around and there was no sign of Lydia or Stiles. Just Scott, his hands on Allison's hips as they both swayed melodically.

Jade smiled lightly to herself, sauntering towards a brick wall and leaning against it.

She pulled out her phone, texting Stiles. There was no sign of him anywhere.

"Has Stiles ditch you already?"

"He isn't my date, if that's what you're trying to imply"

"Then why are you texting him?" He asked moving closer, Jade stiffened.

"uh"

"Sorry" He laughed, moving back.

"It's cool"

There was a silence between the two, but it was nowhere near awkward. They both alone in their own thoughts.

" I didn't think you were gonna come to the party"

"Me neither but here I am hating every bit of it"

"What about the bit where you're talking to me, the amazing Jackson " the blond boasted, leaning on to the brick wall.

"I especially hate that bit, Jackass"

"Ouch" His hand was on his chest, as the two laughed. This time the silence was filled with tension, a type of tension neither of them could recognise.

"Do you wanna dance?" Jade asked, already prepared for the rejection she was about to face.

"Jackson whittemore doesn't dance" Jackson laughed

"Well, Jackson Whittemore is no fun and should stop referring to himself in third person"

"Jackson Whittemore, does what he wants"

"Jackson Whittemore is an idiot"

"Hey, Jade, my date" Stiles smiles appearing from behind Jade and snaking his arm around her waist.

"Oh Jackson, I didn't see you there" Stiles sneered.

"Bye Jade" Jackson grunted in annoyance, walking away.

"Bye" Jade mumbled, turning to her friend.

"Seriously, Stiles"

"What?"

"He thinks you're my date, now"

"Okay, when has that ever mattered to you?" Stiles asked, a large smirk planted on my face.

"It doesn't, okay"

"Really?"

"Stop" She moaned shoving his side, only to reveal a certain wolf missing from the dance floor.

"Wait, where's Scott?"

"I don't know" The sudden sense of nervousness enveloped the two.

It was happening.

"Check upstairs, I'll check downstairs" Jade ushered the boy towards the stairs.

Stiles left, running to the stairs. Jade made her way through the crowd of people, scanning for the puppy like boy.

Chase was a rich boy, with his father being a sales manager, mother, a dermatologist, he could get whatever he wanted, including an unnecessarily huge house, for him and his barely present parents.

There was a door leading to a hallway, Jade groaned only seeing more doors. Each door she opened let to an occupied guest room.

There was only one door left, Jade opened it finding another couple making out. instead of leaving as soon as possible, long strawberry blonde locks caught her attention.

The couple parted noticing the wolf's presents.

"What do you" realisation hit the couple and their eyes widened.

"Jade"

"Um, I have to, uh, I'm sorry" Before she could close the door, the strawberry blonde held her wrist.

"Jade" The girl's green eyes beaming into Jade's, who's sight shifted from the girl's hold to her eyes,

"Bye" she bit, pulling herself out of her grip, she left.