s e v e n t e e n

17

Jade laid on her stomach on Stiles' bed. Printed information on lycanthropy scattered in front of her as her best friend ramble uncontrollably.

He didn't even notice the brunette slowly dosing off in front of him.

The sound of Stiles' persistent yapping stopped, he twisted his doorknob quickly letting his other best friend into his room.

"You gotta see this thing. I've been up all night reading - websites, books. All this information."

"How much Adderall has he had today?" Scott asked Jade.

"A lot."

"Doesn't matter. Okay, just listen." Stiles answered, gushingly.

"I've been here for two hours and he literally hasn't stopped talking"

"Hey, I'm right here"

"I know"

"It's not like you were listening, you were probably too busy thinking about your new baby boo Jackson" Stiles teased, getting a pillow to the face by Jade, who then secured him into a head lock straight after.

"You two, stop"

Scott pulled the two apart with ease even with Stiles' arms flailing everywhere. Stiles took a seat on his spinning chair, far from where Jade sat, with narrowed eyes directed at him, her face bright red.

"You got it bad" Stiles sang at the flustered girl.

"Stiles, I'm going to shove my foot so far up your a-"

"Jade!" Scott warned, humourlessly.

"How about we get back to the real reason why I'm here instead of getting ready for a party"

"Party, you're going?" Jade asked, her grip on one of stiles' pillows hardening from nervousness. Maybe tonight was going to be harder than she thought.

"Yeah, I'm going with Allison" he smiled widely. She sent a small smile back.

As much as Jade didn't want to admit, it was almost certain someone was going to get hurt and she couldn't afford having any of her friends hurt, especially her mundane ones.

"Is this about the body? Did they find out who did it? " Scott asked looking through papers.

"No, they're still questioning people, even Derek Hale."

"You guys know Derek Hale?"

"Yeah, we saw him in the wood the other day"

"Oh"

"Are you okay?" Scott questioned.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

"You haven't been acting like your usual self lately"

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Well, you ditched us in the middle of the woods yesterday, you missed work and you never miss work and lets not forget the short temper"

"She's always had a short temper" Scott whispered, attempting to be discreet.

"No I don't"

"Are you pmsing ?" Jade shot Stiles a glare, changing the subject.

"This isn't about me, It's about Scott and the fact that he's turning into a mutt"

"Huh?"

The tanned boy shrugged exchanging looks with Stiles. Jade continued talking. Tucking her hair behind her ear, she reached for a printed Wikipedia page, handing it Scott.

"Remember the joke from yesterday?" She asked Scott, who nodded.

"Stiles, here, doesn't think it's a joke anymore"

"The wolf - the bite in the woods. I started doing all this reading." Stiles continued, causing Scott to scoff.

"Do you even know why a wolf howls?" The buzz cut encouraged.

"Should I?"

"It howls to signal its location to the rest of the pack, to communicate to other wolves that it's their territory, or stay away or some wolves howl for social purposes, like maintaining relationships within members of the pack. " Jade explained, gaining strange looks from her two friends.

"What?"

"I read things" Jade disregarded.

"So if you heard a wolf howling, that means others could have been nearby. Maybe even a whole pack of 'em."

"A whole pack of wolves?"

"No, Werewolves." Jade giggled.

"Are you seriously wasting my time with this? You know I'm picking up Allison in an hour."

"I saw you on the field today, Scott. Okay, what you did wasn't just amazing, all right? It was impossible."

"Yeah, so I made a good shot."

"No, you made an incredible shot, I mean - The way you moved, your speed, your reflexes. Y'know, People can't just suddenly do that overnight." Scott looked to Jade, hoping she'd defend him.

"I mean you got bitten by a freaking wolf, then there's the vision and the senses, and don't even think we didn't notice that you don't need your inhaler anymore."

"Okay! I can't think about this now. We'll talk tomorrow." Scott was heading for the door, but Stiles tried to stop him.

"Tomorrow?! What? No!"

"The full moon's tonight. Don't you get it?"

"What are you trying to do? I just made first line. I got a date with a girl who I can't believe wants to go out with me, and everything in my life is somehow perfect. Why are you trying to ruin it?"

"I'm trying to help. You're cursed" Stiles sighed, neither Scott nor Stiles noticed the frown that appeared on their green eyed friends face.

"You know, and it's not just the moon will cause you to physically change. It also just so happens to be when your blood lust will be at its peak"

"Blood lust?"

"Yeah, your urge to kill."

"I'm already starting to feel an urge to kill, Stiles." Scott warned, balling his fists.

"You gotta hear this. "The change can be caused by anger or anything that raises your pulse." All right? I haven't seen anyone raise your pulse like Allison does."

"You gotta cancel this date. I'm gonna call her right now." Stiles spoke grabbing Scott's back and pulling his phone out of one of the pockets.

"What are you doing?

"I'm cancelling the date." Stiles spoke, scrolling through Scott's phone.

"No, give it to me!"

Everything happened in a blaze, Scott had Stiles pinned to the wall his fist balled ready to throw a punch. Before Scott's fist could meet his best friends face, Jade pulled the two apart, she felt a scratch on her arm as she straddled the shaggy haired boy.

"Scott calm down" His eyes flashed amber before, realization hit him. Jade got of him and he scrambled to his bag.

"I'm sorry. I-I gotta go get ready for that party. I'm sorry." The door shut and Scott was gone. The two looked at each other, both breathless and shocked.

"Are you ok?"

"Yeah I am"

"Did he do that" Stiles pointed to the three tears in the sleeve of Jade's shirt.

"I-I think so"

His fingers traced the tears in a clawing motion, before looking back to the Winchester girl, fear in his eyes.

Stiles turned to the fallen chair picking up, their eyes averted to the three tear on the back off the chair, exchanging looks.

"We're going to that party"

Fillllllllerrr