Chapter 15 - "I'd like you to meet my girlfriend, Lennon Kayhill."

Start from the beginning

"Amelia, I'm glad you could all make it," Sebastian said.

Introductions were passed around. Amelia was forced to keep her own expression neutral as Olive seemed a little too pleased to meet Will.

"Bash, since you have to stay here and greet your guests, I'm going to go get a drink," Olive said. Her green eyes flashed at Will. "Will, would you mind escorting me?"

Sebastian's smile faltered at the announcement, but Olive didn't look his way.

"We'll join you." Charlie said, linking arms with Poppy.

Amelia looked at Sebastian, seeing apprehension dart across his face then fade. She thought about commenting to Sebastian that Will would behave himself but knew the problem wasn't with Will.

"Are Dodger and Jules here?" she asked.

"Yes, this way," Sebastian said.

He stepped over to the group of writers.

"Amelia!" Jules said.

Amelia was pulled into an excited hug.

"Amelia this is Emma, Dodger's girlfriend." Jules said, gesturing to the woman on Dodger's arm. "Emma this is Amelia Dawson. She worked on Sebastian's album with us."

"Jules, just once I would like to introduce my own girlfriend," Dodger said.   

"It's nice to meet you Emma," Amelia said.

"Same. Dodger and Jules have told me a lot about you," Emma said.

The elevator dinged and Sebastian excused himself, walking back to the entrance. Curious, Amelia looked back to see a group of people step off the elevator, all handsomely dressed.

"Hey, I'm glad you could make it," Sebastian said.

There was something familiar about the group, but Amelia couldn't figure out exactly what.

"Thanks, for having us. Sebastian, I'd like you to meet my girlfriend, Lennon Kayhill," one of the guys said.

"It's a pleasure to meet you," Sebastian said.

"The pleasures mine," Lennon said, her voice a soft autumn breeze. "Kade, has been telling me about your work."

"I heard you're working on your fourth album," Kade commented.

Sebastian nodded. Kade's laugh was like a burst of summer heat.

"Do you ever sleep?" Kade asked.

"You're not the first person to ask me that. And no, not as much as I probably should," Sebastian said.

"You working with the same writers? Dodger Travis, right?" Kade asked.

"Yup, same group. Though this album I hired someone new, I'll introduce you," Sebastian said.

Amelia turned her head away as they approached.

"Amelia, I have some people I liked to introduce you to," Sebastian said, turning back to the group. "Amelia Dawson, this is-."

"If I'm not mistaken, you're Hey Farewell, right?" Amelia said, cutting Sebastian off. "I have to say your third album, was your best, musically speaking. This latest one is stronger lyrically, but what you did drum wise on the third was, in my mind, brilliant. I think I listened to Heaven Help Us three times before I could break down exactly what you did. And believe it or not, but that's not something that happens a lot."

All three members stared at her.

"Amelia is the drummer who has been helping me on my latest album," Sebastian said.