Chapter 13 - "He still has a girlfriend."

Start from the beginning

He glowered at her but it only increased her laughter.

**************

The table was cleared of all food, the plates clean except for bits of crust. The tea pot was cool and the mugs were in various states of emptiness.

"Where did you learn to cook?" Amelia asked Sebastian.

"My mother and grandmother. They always thought it was best for a man to know how to cook so he can surprise his wife with a good meal," Sebastian said, a fond smile touching his lips.

"Maybe that's why I've never married. I have yet to learn how to cook," Will said.

"That and you have a fear of dating," Amelia said.

"I do not have a fear of dating. I have a fear of dull, lifeless women that I'm forced to date," Will said.

"Understandable. What else did your mother and grandmother teach you?" Amelia said, turning back to Sebastian.

"A lot. My mother was my vocal coach, my dance instructor, and my music teacher. She runs the arts devision of the private high school I went to. And my grandmother was my tutor," Sebastian said, shrugging as if every family was like his.

"That's pretty awesome. I'm surprised there was anything left for your father to teach you," Amelia said.

Sebastian's eyes flashed but his face remained composed and he gave her a small smile.

"There really wasn't."

A coolness settled over them. Amelia's eyes darted to Will's, wondering if he felt it as well, but his face was neutral.

"Since it doesn't look like we're leaving today, I was wondering what we can do so its most comfortable for you," Amelia said. "We can stay in just one room so you have some privacy. The music room or in the living room."

"Wait, did you say music room?" Will asked, his focus pinned on Amelia.

"Yeah, I figured you'd get to play the piano and I could listen. We could just-"

Will was out of his seat striding across the apartment before Amelia could finish her sentence.

"Why didn't you tell me before?" Will shouted behind him.

Sebastian's head swiveled towards her when Will disappeared into the music room, puzzlement scrolled across his face. Amelia held up a hand, and rolled her eyes. A second later music poured through the open doors, Will's hand seeming to sigh at the feel of the piano. Sebastian's eyebrows shot up.

"He plays?" he asked.

"Ehhh, kind of," Amelia said, Will's breathless touch contradicting her words.

A chuckle slipped past Sebastian's lips. They listened, silently. Will's bitter sweet melody floated around and through the apartment, filling every space, pulling at everything to stop and listen. The piece ended and Will's steady footsteps sounded in the still ringing room as he walked back to the table.

"Sorry, about that. It had just been awhile since I had played. I wondered if I forgot it," Will said, with an easy smile.

"It's been one day," Amelia said.

"Two days my dear Amy. Don't try an exaggerate things," Will said.

"What are you studying, jazz? Classical?" Sebastian asked, picking up his tea cup.

"Law," Will said.

"You're studying law? I'm sorry to pry but how come?" Sebastian asked.

Amelia sighed, looking at Will's good nature face falling slightly.