7 Months Before

One month. That was the time I had to perfect an audition. I guess it sort of explains how bad it was. I don't know how I got through really, let alone three yes's. But I rehearsed inside Harry's garage every day. Harry had finished his GCSE's so we could just focus on our voices. He didn't really need any vocal coaching because to me his voice was brilliant and it still is. He decided to sing "Isn't She Lovely" by Stevie Wonder. He asked me if he should change the lyrics to 'isn't he lovely' but I told him to stick to the classics and it would make it seem like he was rubbing it in that he was gay. He seemed to agree with me. 

I asked him questions like "Do I need to work on my pitch?" or "What should I wear?" Harry would always be cryptically honest and answer like "Listen to your voice while you sing and what do you believe will get you through?" and "wear what you think would make people like you" How am I meant to know what clothes make people like me? I ended up choosing the clothes that I wore to The Fray because obviously Harry liked me then, I don't know why though, I just found random clothes and chucked them on that night.

We ended up recording each other so we could hear what we sounded like and I found a major problem in my pitch. In the original, he sings at lot lower than what I was singing. I asked Harry about it and said:

"Well, how about you bring it down a little bit but not too much. You still need to make it original to you" I think that was the best advice I have ever gotten about my singing 'be original'. Lots of people criticize my voice but I keep on thinking about what Harry told me and I wouldn't listen to anyone else who wants me to be 'normal'. 

Harry would listen to his voice and continuously change his mind on putting in the music in the background to sing to or just go acapella. I tried to convince him to sing acapella so they could hear everything about his voice. He kept worrying about his timing in the song.

"Harry! Timing doesn't matter in your acapella! They would be too focused on your voice to notice a timing boo boo. It is an easy fix up." He would always give me the same answer

"But what if my voice cracks on stage or something, I think I should play it safe and get my timing right" Eventually I gave up and said

"Well go with the music then" He nodded and would play the music on his CD player and sing to the time of the music. (He ended up singing acapella and he was fine so I don't know what he was worrying about)

We were auditioning on different dates and at different venues. Harry had his audition first and then I had mine a week after. So I considered coming with him to his audition. I asked him and he said:

"I don't want you to see me if I fail." I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I took his hand in mine and I forced him to look me in the eyes. 

"Stop doubting yourself. I promise you'll be amazing! I'll be in the audience and cheering you on as loud as I can." He grimaced and then gave in nodding his head. 

"I'll organize tickets. I can't wait to see you" I pecked him on the lips and turned to leave.

"Lou?" Harry asked me and it sounded so venerable. I was worried that something was seriously wrong.  

"Yeah Haz?" I asked him. He was biting his lip and later Harry said that he had planned a giant speech for me but forgot it when it was actually time.

"What are we? Because I don't know what to call us. We have been on a lot of dates and... Yeah" I had laughed at how Harry ended it but pulled him into a hug and said into his hair,

"Will you be my boyfriend Harold?" I teased him with his 'full name'. He laughed and replied,

"Only if you never call me Harold ever again"

____________________________________________

I went online that night and saw that there was one seat left but it was at the back of the audience. It was better than nothing. I booked the ticket and decided it was time to call it a night. I couldn't wait to see my Haz on the stage in front of Lou, Simon and Nicole.  

My Haz.

_____________________________

I'd thought I'd double update because the other one was ridiculously short. So um yeah 3 votes and I'll update otherwise the 19th of this month <3