18

△ ▴ ▵  ▷ ▸ ▹ ► ▻ ▼ ▽ ▾ ▿  ◁ ◂ ◃ ◄ △ ▴ ▵ ▷ ▸ ▹ ► ▻ ▼ ▽ ▾ ▿ ◁ ◂ ◃ ◄

Emma's POV

Calum never came that night. Therefor, i didn't get my pizza. I heard yelling coming from his house and most certainly didn't want to interrupt. I spent the rest of the day by myself but like what else is new?  I really want to skype Michael but the time zones are too screwed up. I really could use some of his advice.

I got up from my position on the couch and went to my kitchen to make a bowl of cereal. I got out the milk and poured fruit loops into the bowl. I sit down at the counter and look the clock 12:33 am it read. I continue to eat my cereal until I get interrupted by an abrupt sound of a knock on my door. I throw my head down on the table in one swift motion and mumble a loud "Come in."

It could be a rapist for all I care. But like, do I really care?

"Hey em." The familiar voice rings through my ears.

Luke.

I mumble a few unreadable mumbles back to him since my head is still face down on the counter.

"Em?" He pauses for a second. "You good?" He sounded extremely worried but I could care less?

I look up at him and continue eating my cereal. "So how was your first day?" He says full of joy and rhythm in his voice.

"You know. It was just amazing." I suddenly sound happy but I'm a sarcastic way.

"Isn't that great?!" He responds in the same tone as me. He brings down his voice and continues. "Did you make any friends?"

I stare him right in the eyes, "Do I look like the type of person that someone would want to be friends with?" Luke had sympathy in his eyes. He walked to my fridge and pulled out a bowl of grapes. Then he sat on the counter diagonal from me.

"Trust me. I can relate in so many ways. All I have is Calum." He looks at me plopping a grape in his mouth. "Well I guess I have you too but you're no fun." He smiles at me with a mouth full of grapes.

I simply pick up a grape and fling it at his face. Luke began to speak again, "Also, don't listen to Lem and his friends. Just be careful around them. If they find something out about you, you are absolutely screwed."

"Yeah I kind of figured that one out myself." I stand up and place my bowl in the sink.

"So you got any homework?" Luke asks.

"I wouldn't know. I couldn't find my locker after school."  I walk over to my couch and he follows close behind bringing the grapes.

"Why didn't you call me or text Calum?" He asked.

"You seemed like you were in a hurry to head out and I didn't want to hold you up. Calum on the other hand I think just straight up forgot." I actually let out a small chuckle.

"Wait." He removes his back from the back of the couch to emphasize his point. "You walked home."

"Yup and I bet you can guess how well that one went."

"But it's only like a 20 minute walk."

"Well yeah for you." He laughed and we turned on the TV.

Silence fell over the both of us as we started watching Spongebob. I broke the comfortable silence this time. "How did you know I would be awake?" I raise an eyebrow at him. 

"Well even if you weren't awake, I still probably would have eaten your grapes." He gave me a cheesy smile as he plopped more grapes into his mouth.

"Ugh I hate you."

"I hate me too."

////

Day two of hell. Luke left last night around 1:30 I actually kind of enjoyed his company. He can be funny at times. But also obnoxious. My phone buzzes from my night stand and it reads a text from Calum.

Cal;
Move it along, I'm outside.

Following the text message, I hear three honks coming from outside. I grab my backpack and slip my converse on half way before locking the door.

Once I reach his door, I hop into the passenger seat. He had Green day blasting but I'm not really surprised, like at all. "Hey." I say. He respond with a simple "Hi."

We began making our way to Luke's house. I was exhausted. I was up until 4:30 watching family guy but coffee kind of makes up for it.

We pull up into Luke's driveway and he comes out dressed in all black accept the grey beanie on. "Bitch, you took the front seat."

I roll my eyes at him. "Sucks that I live closer to him." I follow by sticking my tongue out.

We arrived at the school five minutes later and head in. Luke shows me to the locker this so I will actually know where to go next time. I thank him while he goes into his locker.

I feel a presence next to me and a hand follows it to close my locker.

"Luk- ugh." I begin walking away to Luke's locker when I realize it wasn't who I wanted it to be.

"Hey, not so fast shit-face."

"Leave me alone Lem."

"Not until I find out what you're hiding."

/:
Okay well this SUCKED I don't even know what I'm writing anymore but like I updated 3 times in less than 34 hours so like..

QUESTION:
DO YOU LIKE LONG CHAPTERS LESS OFTEN OF SHORTER CHAPTERS MORE FREQUENT?

/a