Chapter 4

CHAPTER 4

'Aidan?'I asked as I stare at him, he was emotionless. It's as he wasn't even here.

'She...' He started but he paused looking into the distance.

I followed his gaze, something I wished I have never done.

There stood this beautiful girl her eyes were this icy blue her blonde hair cascading in beautiful waves laying on her shoulders, what caught my attention wasn't the hypnotizing color of her eyes but the emotion behind them. Love... that's what I saw and from that moment on I knew I had lost Aidan to a girl that he hasn't even had a conversation with. Looking back at Aidan his gaze was still locked on that girl, they were frozen, they couldn't move, they were too overwhelmed by the feeling.

The girl ran away scared, I would've been scared to, feeling this way towards a stranger it is not magical, it is not enchanted, it's freaking terrifying.

"Aria I-I-"Aidan stuttered but I knew what he was trying to say, he didn't want me anymore he wanted his mate, why was I so stupid to think that this wasn't going to happen, sooner or later it would've happened, he would have his happy ever after with his mate, and I would just sit in the sidelines and watch while the love of my life built a life with his.

"You promised." I whispered ever so slightly but he heard me loud and clear. Tears ran down my face as I saw the love of my life make a choice, True Love or Soul mate? I know it must've been the hardest choice he had to ever make but it was his choice, that's what scared me, he had my heart and he was about to stomp on it then burn it proceeding to dancing on the ashes with his mate. This was going to kill me, I just knew it was.

"I'm so sorry." He said letting go of me and walking out of the room taking my heart, my soul, my happiness with him.

I fell to my knees before I could even process what had just happened, my sobs echoing through the room.

I jolted up in my bed covered in a thin layer of sweat, my breathing was heavy.

It was just a dream, more like a flash-black.

Inhaling deeply I swung my legs over the bed feeling my feet connected with the freezing wooden floor, walking to the bathroom I went to the sink and splashed my face with cold water, when I came back up there was Samara.

"Oh my God!" I yelped turning around immediately, she was still there... this can't be happening.

"You thought you could just walk away in your 6-inch stilettos didn't you."Samara said her voice scaring me even more,

"You can't be here, you're dead! I killed you."I shouted but she didn't react to my change in tone.

As soon as those words escaped my mouth I gasped, but her face lit up as mine fell.

"I killed you." I repeated them but much slower and calmed than before, but I was nowhere near calm.

"That's right Aria, you did, you killed me, and you know the worst part...is I thought you were my best friend and you just snapped my neck... smiling." She took a dangerous step towards me but I wasn't scared of her anymore I was scared of myself.

"Shut up!"I hissed as I started to shake.

"Awe, I'm sorry is little Aria going to have one of her famous panic attacks?" She asked meanly.

"Well deal with it Aria, you didn't just kill me. All the others are waiting for their turn, were all here ready to watch as you rip your own heart out!" She screamed the last part making me flinch.