Chapter 10 Dance Party

Aubrey's POV

After I nearly got ran over, I made my way to Kristen's house. I knew class was getting out and by the time I got there, i knew I would see her there. I had a lot of explaining to do to both her and her cousin.

After 30 minutes of walking I finally got to her house. I stood at the door debating whether or not I wanted to do this. I sighed and knocked in the door.

"Coming!" A male voice yelled from the inside. I heard footsteps running down the stairs. The door opened and I saw Tyler there.

"Can I he-" he bagan to say before he saw me. He looked at me with disgust, and began to shut the door. "Wait Tyler. We need to talk." I said putting my foot inbetween the door frame and the door. "There's nothing to talk about Aubrey. Now leave" he said shutting the door. I banged my head against the front of it. "Tyler please. I had no choice." I said. the door opened again. "No choice?" He asked. "It's a really long story." I said. he thought for a moment before opening the door wider for me. "I have time." He said looking upstairs. "Sit down." He said.

I looked around the familiar place. Nothing had changed, except the flowers in the pot, which instead of pansies, were now daffodils. Kristen's dog ran up to me and started to lick me. "No girl. I miss you too but you can't lick me." I said, and with that, he walked off.

"Kristen! Can you come down stairs please?!" He yelled.

"I thought you told me not to come out of bed tonight." She yelled back. her voice was shaky. I guess she is sick.

"Well it's important" Tyler yelled. There was a long silence before I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. She turned the corner and when she saw me, she was emotionless.

I could practically hear everything she was thinking. 'What the hell', 'why is she here', 'oh my god', 'I want to slap her', 'get her out of here' were all the things I could see.

We all stood there, looking at each other silently. It was getting awkward now and it was a bit too awkward for comfort. I broke the silence, my voice shaking.

"Hi Kristen." I said.

"Hi Aubrey. what are you doing here," She said with confusion. "I thought you moved?" she asked.

"I was supposed to but the moving was delayed and I have a lot of explaining to do." I said. I only had minutes to explain too so I had to make this quick.

"Well then get to it." Tyler spoke, finally.

"I only have a little time. But I want to say I'm sorry for hurting you two. I was stupid and i should have done something else. I know i hurt you guys and it hurt me to know that you are mad at me. I value-," I begin to say, before correcting myself. "I valued our friendship." I said.

"Oh really? If you really valued the friendship then why did you do it?" Kristen asked.

" I never would have done it if I wasn't threatened." I said

"Threatened?"

"I've said too much already. I'm sorry but I have to go now." I said, my phone buzzing nonstop in my pocket. "I hope you have a good life. You deserve a friend and girlfriend better than me." I said before I left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tyler's POV

She left. Just like that. She said she was threatened but then she left. She was a confusing girl and I liked that about her.

'Crap what are you saying?' my subconscious told me. 'You need to get over her.' I thought. I shook it away and turned around to Kristen.

"What's wrong?" I asked her. She was now crying on the couch. "I can't handle it Tyler. She was my best friend" She managed to say between sobs.