Chapter 24 The Justice League

*Important A/N*

Kristen's POV

On Wednesday, Xavier, Lucas, and I all went out for costume shopping. We all wanted to coordinate, so we thought it would be best if we all went together.

Many people surrounded us as they looked last minute for costumes. There was lots of shouting going on and I couldn't hear a few inches in front of me.

"What?!" I shouted over the crowd. Xavier's and Lucas' lips moved but I still couldn't hear what they were saying.

I felt someone shove past me to get a tigger costume and I stumbled a bit, landing into Xavier's arms.

"Careful!" He shouted into my ear. I nodded my head and got up. Lucas was glaring at him but I let it slide. I grabbed their wrists and pulled them into an empty corner.

"Please tell me it isn't going to be like this all day?" I pleaded. I'm claustrophobic and I was starting to freak out.

"This is the only store that has costumes still. Everything else is sold out. Except for another place but I don't think we should go there. I don't think Kristen would like it." Xavier said, directing the last part to Lucas.

Lucas' eyes widened and I assumed he know what Xavier is talking about.

"No we aren't going there." He said, squishing closer to me because more people came in.

"Try me" I rolled my eyes. Wherever it was couldn't be that bad.

We made our way out of the store and all sat down on a bench, enjoying the fresh air.

Xavier nudged my arm and I looked to him. He pointed to a store in front of us.

Katie's Place

I sighed. Katie's place is one of those stores that isn't for kids. My mom once brought me in there when I was 11, not noticing the leather suits that they had on the mannequins, took one look around, and fainted.

"Umm I'm not sure Xavier, I mean they usually don't have Halloween costumes." Lucas said with a scowl on his face.

"Usually no but it's worth a shot. Kristen you stay out here." Xavier ordered getting up with Lucas.

"Don't tell her what to do!" Lucas exclaimed.

"Sorry. Since when are you so defensive?" Xavier asked.

"Since I became her b- best friend." He said.

"Kristen I highly advise you stay out here." Lucas said to me this time.

Xavier scoffed and put his hands in the air.

"You guys. I'm 16 I think I can manage a play shop." I said, walking confidently into Katie's place. I could feel their eyes on me as I walked in without gagging.

Everything was terrible in here. I gagged at everything I saw.

"Hi I'm Katie how can I help you?" A woman with black hair said to us with a weak smile. She must have noticed how young we looked.

"Yes, my friends and I here are looking for Halloween costumes and we were wondering if you had any." Xavier said.

Katie hesitated before looking at us weird.

"How old are you guys?" She asked.

"I'm 22, she's 21, and he's 23." Xavier lied. He have her a seductive look before smiling.

"Oh. Well, we do have some costumes but they're in the back please let me know if you need anything." She said adding a wink at the end for Xavier before walking off.