I groaned and rolled my eyes. "Go wait in my car, I'll be out in a minute." I handed her my keys.

"Okay." She nodded and left.

I turned back to Jack. "Can you make this quick? I need to get her home."

"What do you think you'll gain by doing this? What the hell is wrong with you? How could you cheat on Avery? And with Brooke, no less." He said.

"There's nothing wrong with me and I'm not cheating on Avery! Not that's it's any of your business, but she broke up with me yesterday." Because I kind of cheated on her but that's beside the point. "And I don't see what you all have against Brooke anyway. She makes me happy and that's all that matters."

"She, of all people, makes you happy? What about Avery? You two looked happy together when she came over for dinner." He said.

"You're my brother and you're supposed to support my decisions." I said angrily.

"I'm not gonna support a stupid one! I'm sorry," he shook his head, "but you're making a mistake going out with Brooke again. And think about what mum will think when she finds out."

"Don't talk about Brooke that way. And mum will just have to deal with it, she can't control my life." Before I had the chance to hear anything else he might've said, I left.

I knew something like this would happen and that's why I didn't want to tell them. But now Jack knows and who knows if he'll tell everyone else.

I got in my car and slammed my door.

"Is everything okay?" Brooke asked.

"Yeah." I mumbled.

"Are you sure?" She rubbed my arm. "You looked a little upset when he caught us."

It's best that I tell her. I don't want her to get hurt but I can't start our new relationship off by keeping stuff from her. I did that before and look where it got us. It's time to be completely honest.

"Jack doesn't think you and I are a good match." I said. "I don't understand why my family doesn't see you the way I do."

"Don't worry, mine feels the same way. They hated when we were together, especially my mum." She said. "I don't get it either but none of that matters. We love each other and that's what's important."

I smiled. "You're right. We can't let other people try to deter us from being together. I just got you back, I don't want to lose you again."

"You'll never lose me, I'll always be there for you." She took my hand and rubbed the back of it with her thumb. "I love you." She smiled.

"I love you too." She leaned over the divider to kiss me. "I should probably get home. I'm sure my parents aren't happy I stayed out all night without calling them." She chuckled.

I started up my car and pulled out, heading down the street. She turned on the radio and hummed along to the Paramore song playing while I drove with one hand and gripping her thigh with the other.

I'm beyond happy to be with her again but I already feel this relationship isn't off to the best start. I told her I loved her when I really don't feel like I'm in love with her. When I loved Avery, I felt warm inside and she made me feel things I couldn't put into words. Brooke makes me happy but I don't feel the same way. I had to say it back because there's nothing worse than being in love with someone that doesn't feel the same. I'm sure I can fall in love with her for real, it'll just take a bit of time.

*Avery's POV*

"There." I said to myself as I fixed the Christmas tree.

I finally brought the tree in from the garage and put it together. Now all that's left is the decorations. Since my dad was gone I thought I'd decorate to fill my free time. I'd start with the tree and then do the outside decorating and work my way back in. After all that's done, I'll get started on my holiday shopping.