Slowly Taking

Madara didn't let Hime get away; instead of killing him, he showed him what Madara wanted to do to him inside his genjutsu, and in matter of seconds, Hime was suffering from the pain Madara was already giving him.

He was enjoying it.

Just like what he did after killing his closest friend.

While Izuna was watching his older brother, he took a glance Kaerin, who was staring nothing in particular before putting her down. "Are you alright? Kira-chan?"

No response.

Kaerin was only looking down at the ground.

Izuna looked at her softly. No wonder, she's messed up. This isn't the same Kira he met 3 years ago. Madara should have noticed right before he was about to attack Hime.

"Kira-chan?" Izuna asked again, but still no response.

Izuna called Madara, as his older brother grabbed the Sarutobi guy in the collar, telling him to head back home and tell his fucking clan leader about doing this to him. After Hime left, scared out of his own damned life that must be taken, Madara went to Izuna and Kaerin.

"Kira-chan doesn't look good, nii-san. She's not talking..." Izuna began, as Madara looked at him, then he looked at Kaerin as she was still looking down at the ground. "Not even once, nii-san."

He glanced at Izuna, as he was smiling at him, telling his older brother to convince Kaerin to talk. He sighed, and ran a hand through his hair as he then crouched down to see Kaerin.

Madara looked at her face that was covered most of her hair, so he carefully took some of the strands and tugged it on her ear, making Kaerin shut her eyes, and lowered her head facing the ground.

Man, she's totally messed up.

Did something happened terribly while he was gone for years?

Madara didn't get the exact idea about how did Kaerin went through this point ever since he promised something, and knew that she was waiting for him to get back.

It wasn't that hard to wait.

Was it?

Nobody can answer it, especially that life is truly inconsistent. People, and it's surroundings will remain unstable.

It is absolutely unreliable to hold on for a bit while.

But Kaerin's perception through life's inconsistency remained different, all just because of one promise she relies on.

"Kira."

Kaerin's heart stopped once she heard Madara's voice; it was as if she's confused at the moment. The girl thought if what's happening to her this time is a dream again. Hearing his voice made Kaerin a bit nervous, and felt scared.

Although the other side of her told her to hold Madara to comfort herself.

But she resisted, and remained silent.

"Tsukira."

Madara called her again, but she didn't respond instead that her hands just twitched. Izuna was beginning to notice her odd movements, so as Madara, and that made Izuna pat his older brother's shoulder.

Madara sighed. If he continues calling her it would probably be a waste of time.

He did a sideway-glance at Izuna, as the younger one bent his body to whisper something at his brother. "I think it's best if we take Kira-chan to her home. We didn't want to get caught here right away."

For a moment, Madara simply nodded and stood up, as he looked at his surroundings before looking back to Kaerin, staring at her injured foot.

Sighing, the older brother bent down to carefully carry the girl, assuring that her injured foot might not get hurt.

As he got up, he quickly managed to jump at one of the nearest branch. This made Izuna sweatdrop and nonetheless, follows behind him.

Why is he always doing that?

Meanwhile, everything went too quiet along the way. The moonlit shines perfectly apart from the trees, making it easier for Madara to track the path they were taking. It could take an hour before taking Kaerin back to the Senju base.

While the Uchiha was concentrating his eyes on the way, he felt a slight tug on the clothing on his chest. He just gave Kaerin a quick glance; it's not that being sarcastic.

He just wanted Kaerin to speak, especially about what happened earlier.

"Why..."

Madara listened as she finally spoke. He was waiting for her to speak any moment.

Just simply an hour is enough for him to be with her.

"It hurted... a lot."

The man knew what the statement was about. It slowly sank in through his mind, and he felt a guilt. But why? He managed to train for years.

He promised that he will come back for her.

He didn't even cheated nor lied.

And now, he was having more thoughts about dragging Kaerin into this. He did know that she suffered because of him; all just because he was yearning for more power.

"You'll never leave me, right?"

"Well, if that one thing is certain then, of course I won't."

"So each day we're getting closer..."

"Obviously."

"That's not what I meant, Madara."

"I'm not using you for awakening it, Kira. Always remember that."

"What if it's necessary?"

"We both talked about this." Madara sighed, as the flashback faded from his mind. "Don't you still get it?" He asked harshly from Kaerin, as she was a bit taken a back for his words.

He shouldn't have said that.

"You were gone away for 3 years without leaving any trail of you!" Kaerin exclaimed, as her sadness slowly turned into anger. "I kept waiting, and waiting over and over, looking for you!"

With that, the Uchiha stopped his midway and put back Kaerin down on a branch. He closed his eyes and sighed, running a hand through his hair. He felt irritated, and slightly confused.

So it was his fault now?

"If I'd let you know what's probably happening back then, you wouldn't like it." Madara stated, calmly.

"Fuck you!" Kaerin started to cry, making him smirk, and Izuna scratched the back of his head. "He does deserve a word for it, Kira-chan." The younger Uchiha laughed softly.

"Shut it." Madara muttered.

~