babysit ❆ maurice harkless

maurice groaned loudly. they'd been cooped up in the house for hours with a bunch of hyperactive children and at least two babies that wouldn't stop crying.

even if they did stop, they cried at least every five minutes on maurice's account. maybe he was over exaggerating but that was not the point. the point was that he could be out with his friends doing some christmas shopping or playing some ball but darilyn just had to call him over and help her out.

it wasn't his fault that darilyn volunteered to do this so why should he be dragged into it?

"darilyn, it's crying again!" maurice screamed loudly through her parents' house for her to come over and help him with the wailing baby that just didn't seem to stop under his supervision. "help me!"

"put on your big boy pants!" he heard darilyn call out to him. she'd been in the kitchen cooking something up for the children to snack on while they were preoccupied with high-five playing on the television screen. "i am cooking some snacks!"

"imma cook them for you! just come out here and put this thing to sleep or something!" maurice screamed.

"no!" darilyn came stomping out of the kitchen and glared at her boyfriend. "you're just gonna burn the house down. either you put the little baby to sleep or imma put you to sleep." she knew maurice would have a smart answer or at least something that'll piss her off so she cut him to it. "and i don't mean in a very polite way either."

maurice sighed, scratching the back of his neck. "fine, i'll put it to sleep."

"this it you speak of is a girl, maurice," darylin stated blankly and walked back into the kitchen when a very eager twelve year old wanting to learn how to cook was waiting for her. "put her to sleep before i chop you."

"fine," maurice mumbled, carefully taking the child in his arms. he supported her neck and swayed back and forth to quieten her cries down. "please stop crying." to his luck, her cries stopped and she opened her eyes to look up at him.

he sighed and backed up to the love seat not too far away from him. he sat down slowly with her eyes still watching him intently.

he smiled down warmly at her, causing a smile to crack on her face as well. "you're not as bad as i thought," he muttered to the little girl in his arms. "you were just being very annoying."

"you know she literally doesn't understand a thing you say, right?" darilyn teased, coming up from behind him. she wrapped her hands around his chest and leaned against the backrest to be closer to him. "you can swear in front of her and she won't remember."

"it's a very cute baby," maurice muttered, his smile stretching into an even bigger one. then an idea dawned him. he raised his eyebrows and looked up at darilyn. "i want one."

darilyn's eyebrows raised in shock. "what? no!"

"why not?" he whined, pouting his lips out at his girlfriend. "it's so precious. look at her!"

"you were literally whining about how she wouldn't go to sleep not less than five minutes ago and now you're telling me that you want one?" darilyn clarified with wide eyes, not wanting to believe what she was hearing from him. "you're out of your mind."

"i just want one," maurice chuckled, holding a finger out. she giggled and wrapped her small hand around his large finger as compared to hers. "only when we're ready, obviously. i didn't mean it like i want one now."

darilyn patted his head and nodded firmly. "good. i was about to go off on you."

as she started walking back to the kitchen to get the snacks again, she looked back at maurice and her baby cousin, now maurice making faces to make her laugh.

she sighed contently and leaned against the door frame to the kitchen. and then it dawned her that he was right — she wanted to have one just like her in the future.

one that was just theirs.

colouringbook

i know  i say a lot of my writings are half assed but i feel like this is the most half assed bullshit i've ever seen lmao

anyways, i hope you still liked this! 💕

AND WOW LMAO I'M SO SORRY I DIDN'T UPDATE ON CHRISTMAS DAY LIKE I PROMISED. EVERYTHING WAS JUST SO CRAZY

AND THAT SAID CHRISTMAS SPECIAL IS GONNA BE UP SOON. THERE'S ALSO GONNA BE A NEW YEAR'S SPECIAL JUST BECAUSE 🙂