not a very white christmas ❆ ben simmons

"i feel misled."

"you put this upon yourself, ari."

"you should've told me."

"i did! like twenty times when you were packing."

"you should have made it a memo."

"no, i should've tattooed it to your damn hands."

ben and ariel stared at the bright sun of australia and there were no signs of snow anywhere. it wasn't even cold, to make it worse for her. she's spent every christmas back in philadelphia where it was a white christmas but her boyfriend wanted to take her back home to meet the rest of the family.

ben told her over and over that there wasn't going to be any snow in australia for christmas because it was summer instead. but the stubborn girl didn't listen one bit.

she still brought her winter jackets and long sleeved shirts, insisting on wearing something to protect her from the cold weather she was to face in australia. ben decided that he was just going to let ariel disappoint herself when they landed in australia.

"what the hell am i gonna do with myself now?" ariel frowned. "i brought none of this summer shit, ben. and i don't have any money."

"i'm rich," ben grinned widely, taking her hand. he led her towards the parking lot where his uncle was waiting. noticing the frown on her face, he stopped walking.

"you not rich, boy," she scowled, "you're not even playing in the nba right now."

ben frowned, playfully shoving her. "you so damn rude sometimes." he slung his arm around his shoulders and pulled her againsr him as they walked. "in the mean time, you can borrow some from my cousins."

"don't you understand, benjamin?" she growled, smacking him on the bicep. "i'm so embarrassed! they're going to laugh at me!"

ben scrunched up his nose to think about it before settling on shaking his head. "you know what's worse? when one of my cousins came to america to spend christmas with me, he didn't come prepared."

"he brought summer clothes instead of winter ones?" ariel raised an eyebrow in hopes of her being right.

"uh, no," ben chuckled, "he didn't bring shoes fit for the snow-ish weather."

she scoffed, rolling her eyes. "was that supposed to make me feel better?"

"i was really hoping," ben shrugged at her. he pouted his lips out an frowned, looking around to see where his uncle was. "obviously, it wasn't as effective as i hoped it'd be."

"benjamin simmons, i'm going to murder you!" she squeaked, pinching a small area of his skin between her fingers.

"ah, no!" ben growled, moving away from her fingers. "i swear, you always do this. you can't be like this when we get to the house."

"but it's fun!" she argued. she poked a finger out towards his exposed skin, only to have him jump away from her. "come on!"

"don't lay a finger on me, you violent woman," ben sassed, waving his finger in this air. as they walked to the end of that row of cars, where ben's uncle was waving towards them, ben kept a distance from her.

she took her phone out from the pocket of her jeans and frowned as she continued pushing the trolley filled with their luggage.

"i'll just get you clothes," ben finally said, glancing at her. "it won't be the snow, but we can go to the beach and play with sand there."

she shrugged, still pouting. "well, it's something."

ben poked her cheek then pinched them gently. "come on, baby. turn that frown upside down! i swear, christmas will still be the same even though we're basically in an oven."

ariel chuckled, shaking her head. "i think being able to spend christmas with you is good enough."

"we can't have a snowball fight, though," ben laughed, "i was really looking forward to beating you on that."

"we can have a sandball fight," she suggested, earning her an eye roll and a louder groan from her boyfriend. "what?"

"that'll hurt, you dumb ass," ben smiled, patting her shoulder, "on the bright side, i can still play a one on one with you and beat you like i always do."

"then what's the fun in that if you know you're still gonna win in the end?" she scoffed, flipping her hair away from her shoulder. "you killjoy."

"because you love me and want me to be happy," ben laughed, pressing a short kiss onto her cheek. "now, let's enjoy our stay."

arionce_x

*chants* haLf ASSED HALF ASSED

this totally isn't my best, but hey, i tried. like really hard. i just... i'm running out of ideas and my brain literally feels so dry and it's not in the christmas feels anymore for some strange reason

but idc i'm gonna give away more of these because i like y'alltherefore, i hope y'all liked this (bc i didn't)