A Little Revelation

I am terribly sorry for disappearing on this story's readers like that. I had sort of a tough semester. Honestly, it was horrible. Probably the worst one yet. I needed time for college and my life, so I took a little break from my baby and even though I'm trying really hard to get into the groove again, I'm finding it incredibly hard. Not exactly a writer's block, but I do feel unmotivated. However, this story is still my baby and I'm not stopping the updates permanently anytime soon. I might be slow and occupied, but I will finish this story. 

You might see a new one actually, and this one is very much inspired by real events. 

Anyway, here's kind of a short one and thank you so much for reading this story. This is very special to me and I appreciate the reads.

-Cassandra

After dinner, and the endless compliments on my cooking, Annette was leaving. At this point, she and Mary had caught the last six years of each other's lives, they were a little wasted, which I found adorable and now, hugging.

"Oh, missed you so much Mary." Annette said, squeezing harder.

"I know you did, love, I did too." She said, doing the same.

"Okay ladies," I said standing up and finally detangling myself from Jason's arms, "are we going or staying?" I asked, looking between the two.

"I have to go, but how about you stay over tonight, Mary?" she asked, with eyes full of hope.

"Yes!" she said, energized all the sudden.

"Perfect, we'll take you guys to the house, then I'll come back and get some clothes, okay?" I said as I signaled the guys, with my head, to help me with the ladies currently struggling to stand straight.

"Okay, honeybee." She said giving me a sloppy kiss on my cheek as I place my arm around her waist, so she could support herself as we walked.

"You know, this gives you an opportunity to do one of two things." Whispered my aunt as we reach the middle of the labyrinth, after a couple of minutes of walking.

"What do you mean?" I whispered back, looking at Rob and Dan at either side of Annette.

"Well, you can either have sex with your boyfriend or finally break off the relationship that has been dragging you down." She said looking at me. I looked at her and saw complete sense in her eyes and words.

"Mary, you're just drunk." I said trying to dismiss the obvious detachment I felt for Jason.

"Well, you could say whatever you want to feel better about yourself, but you know the truth better than I do." She said as we reached Annette's backyard.

I decided to ignore the alarms going off in my head, at least for now. We walked them to the backdoor, then up the stairs and then we made sure they were safe in Annette's room. We left the giggling messes and closed the door. I found myself between two friends and my boring boyfriend.

"So, this is goodnight gentlemen. It's been a pleasure, but this little flower and I, have some things to settle." Jason said, wrapping his arm around my waist and playing with my hair, which I already knew what that meant.

"Well, I thought we could stay with you guys tonight." Said Rob, surprising me. Why would they want to be in the same space as a guy they obviously don't like?

"Yes, we'd love to get to know our best friend's boyfriend better." Said Daniel with a huge smile on his face.

"Um...okay then. I'll come back with the clothes for Mary and then we can watch movies or drink and talk. However you guys want." I said, griping Jason's hand and detaching it from me.