Chapter Six

When me and Keen board the elevator Damon isn't allowed to come, I guess it's because of last minute preparations our mentor could give us or whatever.
The rules are simple; we wait in a small room We'll be called numerically in order and perform our chosen skill.

  We only have five minutes to do so and so far I have no idea what I'm going to do. "Did you pick your chosen skill?" I ask Keen he nods, "Yeah. Did you?" He asks, I shake my head. "No," I reply bluntly, when the door opens to peacekeepers wait for us the grab our arms directing us to a small room. Now that we're here twenty dour tributes are counted as here so it begins, "District 1; Coal Underwood," Coal gets up and walks into a room, so I try and sit patiently.

  I forgot I'm not very patient, so I start bouncing my leg up and down. Then my name is called, "District 2; Taylor Rose," I get up and walk into the room, this room turns out to be a room very identical to the training room except the game makers are closer and President Snow...is here? I sigh shakily, "You have five minutes to present your chosen skill, Ms. Rose," Plutarch says to me, I nod and slowly and gingerly I walk over to the tridents.

Slowly I pick one up and walk to the fully suited and protected man. He grabs a trident also, and when I'm sure he's ready, I attack. I slash the trident with all my strength it clacks against his and he pushes me back, I flip my trident around to the butt end and hurl it into him; he catches it. He hurls it back it but I duck into the crouch position, I jump up and kick him in the face he looses balance and I catch his trident preventing him to fall I smirk and pull it away he falls and I start to kick him.

  I can't remember why I'm angry in the first place, but all I remember hearing is to be told to stop, I throw the trident down and walk out without a word; but every eye on me once I leave. I take the elevator back up to our flat, the whole time I think I wasn't even trying.

  I didn't try, I gave up when he took my trident; it was disastrous. Opening the door I try to get away and escape to my room, but I'm caught by them all. "How'd it go?" Damon asks nervously, "Um," Just think about it, what am I supposed to tell them?
I could have killed that dude I was so mad, "Fine...I guess," I waver uneasy, I wipe the sweat from my forehead and walk into my room and change.

I take a shower and put on a dress, it's s cream color and stops at my knees and with it I just put my hair in a pony tail since I can't stand anything else.  Putting on sandals I walk into the living room, "Ok, so I'm thinking you should help Keen, Damon" Maybelline says to Damon, Damon snorts. "And why would I do that?" He asks dumbly, I roll my eyes and sit down making myself noticed.

  "Because, I'm teaching Taylor besides it'll be a good bounding experience!" Maybelline scolds slapping his arm. I snort, Maybelline and Damon's relationship is a lot like mother and son, they argue like mother and son and care about each other like mother and son.
It's just amazing the watch, "Ugh, whatever woman, come on Keen. Let's go," they walk out of the room and Maybelline smiles.

  Then she pulls out heels, my eyes widen. "Ever walked in heels?" She asks, I shake my head. "Oh goodie, now I get to teach you!" She cheers,  I whine inside good gracious why?

***

"Holy crap! Someone catch me" I screech falling down onto the wooden floor, Maybelline sighs. "We've been at this for twenty minutes!" She stresses, "Well, maybe if twenty minutes could actually teach something we'd be done by now!" I say standing up, sue frowns placing her hands on her hips. "Just....act like you're wearing flats! Then walk!" She says as if it's the best idea ever.

  So I close my eyes and imagine I'm wearing flats and start to walk. I'm a little wobbly, but I start to get the hang of it. Maybelline claps as I open my eyes, "It's this easy?" I ask my face agape, she nods with a laugh. "It is! Now when you sit you wanna make sure you sitting straight up which means legs crossed like a lady and smile, smile, smile!" She tells me, I nod so I start practicing my posture and sweet smile.

After about an hour of practicing we're done and I walk out feeling exhausted. "Come on, children it's time for dinner!" Maybelline says, when we arrive my prep team and Keen's is here I wonder why, sitting down at the table we begin to eat.
"After we eat, the scoring program will come on.....even though it's probably unnecessary you still need to know you intimidate others," Damon says, me and Keen both nod.

  As we eat we talk about the interviews which my prep team is working on, apparently the outfits for the interviews have to be extravagant which leads to the whole heel walking thing.
I'll probably look like a goddess again, which I'm not complaining it's just that takes a lot of effort to make this look like that.

  After dinner we retire to the living room and I sit down on the couch next to Keen, my prep team sits beside me and Maybelline sits in a chair all lady like...the program starts.
Ceaser Flickerman talks about how excited he is about the crop of recruits and hasn't seen anything like this since the 74th Hunger Games.

I have to admit I did like watching Cato and Clove die. Then it begins, "Coal Underwood, has a....10" I gulp, two closer. "Crystal Underwood...an 11" Huh, I didn't do those two were related better yet...she got a higher score than her brother!

  "Keen Thompson.... with an 11," We all cheer, including Keen but I realize I'm next, which bad really bad I'm not mentally prepared for this. "Taylor Rose..." now everyone is on the edge of their seats as Ceaser reads over the paper, confusion sweeps over him as he shows it to his co-host and he just shrugs.
"Taylor Rose...with a....7"