Bad to the Bone~

Bad to the Bone~

Oh detention.

Sitting in detention is weird. Maybe because I'm not a bad girl. I'm a goody two shoes, who never talks in class, and for certain, never talks to the trouble makers.

"I hope you all know why you are here." Mr. Jonathan said walking into the room.

"I'm here because of Mackenzie." Liam said out loud. I looked over at him, and gave him a dirty look, and he returned it.

"Alright, I am done with your nonsense Mr. Payne. If you keep it up, you get another day in detention." Mr. Jonathan threatened.

"Is everyone here?" He asked, and started calling out the names. I looked around the room, scanning everyone's faces.

"Liam?"

"Here."

"Luke?"

"Here."

"Mackenzie?"

"Here."

"Harry?"

"Can I help you?" He asked annoyed. I looked to the back of the room to where his voice came from. He looked pissed, as he doodled on top of the desk. I turned around and faced the front as Mr. Jonathan continued to call the names. It seemed as the list just went on and on.

"Olivia?"

"Here."

"Carlos?"

"Here."

"Niall?"

No response.

"Niall?" Mr. Jonathan said, but this time louder, and more stern. Then Harry responded for him.

"He ditched, got tired of doing this. He said it was boring and a waste of his time, while he and the rest of us could be doing something a lot better than sit in this dam-"

"Mr. Styles, I am done with you." Our teacher said.

"For the remainder of the time, you will be silent. You all will be writing a seven paragraph essay about why you are in detention. If you don't finish, you will be serving more time in detention until you complete your essay. It will be silent, and I mean silent." Mr. Jonathan said, staring Harry down before sitting down at his desk.

I stared at the blank lined paper in front of me. How am I supposed to write an essay if I didn't do anything to deserve this. I looked around the room nonchalantly, everyone was either writing as fast as they could to get out of here, or they were just making paper airplanes. Harry would be that one person, as he slouched in his chair, making paper airplanes instead of writing his paragraph.

Iv'e never seen Harry before in my life. I took another look back at him, but this time he saw me and flew his paper airplane at me. I picked it up threw it back at him, at first I thought it was funny. Ya, Mackenzie Wills thinks throwing an airplane across the room during detention is funny. Wrong decision.

"Mackenzie, how much of your essay have you wrote?" Mr. Jonathan said. I slowly turned around, and felt my cheeks turn red. "Thought so, get back to work. You too Harry."

I don't understand. Why am I always the one to be called out?

After what felt like an eternity, Mr. Jonathan dismissed us.

"I will be seeing Mackenzie and Harry again tomorrow evening." He said.

"Great." I mumbled to myself.

"Sucks doesn't it?" Liam asked walking right past me.

I am going to strangle that kid until his head pops right off his body.

Good idea. I'll get right on that.