Chapter 5 - "I'm a cat lady!"

Start from the beginning

"Liv!" he said.

He was up and in front of her faster than Amelia thought possible. He gave her a quick kiss, his hands holding onto her small waist, as her arms wrapped around his neck.

"Why aren't you dressed?" she said, in a whiny coo.

"Sorry, completely lost track of time. I'll be ready in a few minutes," Sebastian said, the world around him, including Amelia, disappearing.

"Of course you did. I understand. Lost in your world of music. You're so terrible for making me wait but I guess I can put up with it," she teased giving him a warm smile.

Sebastian's grin widened. Liv's eyes flashed to Amelia, seeming to sum her up in one glance. Deciding she wasn't a threat, she kissed Sebastian again, her thin fingers winding themselves in his hair.

"I've missed you," he said, his voice low.

"I know," she said, her voice matching his tone, her forehead coming to meet his.

Sebastian gave her a shy grin.

"Bash, we are being terribly rude," she said.

Sebastian glanced around.

"Of course. Amelia, let me introduce my girlfriend, Olive Fletcher," he said. "Liv this is Amelia, the drummer who has been helping me on the current album."

"It's so nice to meet you, I appreciate you helping Sebastian." Liv turned to him, her smile playful, "his music means the world to him so it means the world to me."

Sebastian's eyes brightened. Amelia felt uncomfortable, as if she was interrupting some private moment.

"I'll be in the living room," Olive said, tapping his nose with her French tipped finger.

She kissed him once more and left. Sebastian stood motionless watching her leave, then looked around, as if he was coming back from a dream.

"We'll finish the song up Wednesday. I'll see you Monday at Juilliard."

Amelia smiled at the announcement of his returning, yet again, for another drum lesson.

"No problem. I can see myself out,"Amelia said.

Sebastian nodded.

Olive sat in the living room, attention on her phone when Amelia stepped from the hallway.

"It was nice meeting you," Amelia called back to Olive.

She glanced up briefly and gave Amelia a half smile.

"Same," she said, her voice not as sweet as before.

Amelia called the elevator and shuttered, a strange feeling tugging at her.

**************

Amelia knocked on Poppy's bedroom door. Poppy opened it in a red 1920s flapper dress, layers of fringe swaying as she moved.

"Aims..."

Poppy's face went from happy to horrified in a split second. Amelia smiled joyously.

"Hey Pops, what do you think?" Amelia asked.

She turned to give Poppy the full effect, of her baggy sweater, sweat pants and Ugg boots.

"Amelia Ellie Dawson, what on earth are you wearing?"

"I'm a cat lady!"

"Oh no you're not! Get in here before someone sees you and dies of shock."

Poppy grabbed her wrist and pulled her into the room. Amelia gave a disgruntled snort.