Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 24

Start from the beginning

“You didn’t even say sorry?” I glared at Adrian.

“Sorry? You think me saying sorry would have made everything okay?” I said through gritted teeth. “Adrian, what was I supposed to do. Stay to apologize for giving him my virginity? For taking advantage when he was at his weakest? Sorry wouldn’t have undid anything!”

“Don’t think I’m taking sides here, because I’m not.” Adrian sat back in his seat. “It would have been a kind gesture after everything. He might have felt used.”

I shook my head. This was not going the way I had hoped. I didn’t even want to bring this situation up. I knew Adrian would somehow make me see fault in this and in the end I knew that I was to blame. I basically turned into Landon. Well, the Landon before he was who he was now.

“So things are obviously completely over between you and Brock now?” 

“You think?” I asked sarcastically.

“Travis, you clearly want to be with Landon. If you didn’t, you wouldn’t be feeling this way about someone you claim to love. You would have stayed at Brock’s place.” Adrian said softly.

“I know.” I admitted.

“Then why not go to him? I’m sure Landon would take you back in a heartbeat. I see the way he looks at you.” I looked at Adrian and furrowed my brows.

“Why? Why are you suddenly so accepting of me and Landon?” I was suspicious, Adrian knew that and he cleared his throat. “Adrian?”

“Travis, I’m so sorry.” Adrian said suddenly.

“If you tell me what you’re sorry for, maybe we can move past this.” I said trying to keep my tone gentle.

“It was me.” He said. I let the confusion show on my face. I had no idea what he was talking about. “I was the one who called the police, not Landon.”

“You.” My mouth opened then closed again, much like a fish. “You...called the police.”

“Yes.” Adrian nodded. “Travis, please you have to know that I am extremely sorry.”

I moved away from him. I shook my head and held my hand up when he tried to come closer. “Don’t.”

“Travis, please.” He begged.

“Shut up!” I ground out. “Why? Why would you do this? Why would Landon cover up for you?”

“He didn’t want to make it seem like i betrayed you.”

“But you did.” My voice was shaking. “You did betray me, Adrian.”

“Travis-” Adrian reached out to me but I pulled away as if I were scorched.

“Don’t you dare touch me.” I covered my mouth with my hand.

I pushed my chair out and walked out of the coffee shop. As soon as I was out of sight I let out quick breaths. This was not the place to have a panic attack. 

I hailed a cab and asked the driver to drive as fast as he could to my house. I hoped that Adrian had enough sense not to follow me.

The second I arrived at the house I through a few bills to the driver and jumped out. I all but threw the door open and went in search for Evelyn.

“Hey bro, how was it?” Evelyn was in the kitchen eating a sandwich.

“Did you know?” I asked.

“Know what?” She asked. She put her food down and turned to face me.

“What Adrian did. That Landon covered up for him.” I silently prayed that she had nothing to do with this.