"Brother," I lied. "I might've told him I was coming home last night."

Emma tilted her head. "Sam."

"I know I'm a horrible person."

"Does this mean you have to go?"

Should I? I mean technically I didn't have to. Megan wasn't my mom. But Emma thought it had been my brother. And lingering might not be the best move right now.

I nodded. "I probably should."

She was bummed but tried not to show it. "Okay."

I stood and got dressed. "Go back to sleep. Text me when you wake up."

I knew what this seemed like to Emma, but staying just wasn't my thing. If I stayed she might want to talk about what we were and I honestly needed time to figure this out for myself first.

So she told me she would text me when she woke back up and I left her room.

Downstairs was basically deserted. I assumed everyone had either left late last night or early this morning. I suddenly wondered where Blair was.

I found her in the kitchen leaning over a plate of toast. A glass of water and orange juice sat next to it. She looked pretty hungover. Did I look that bad too?

She spotted me. "Oh wow, there you are. I was wondering when the hell you were gonna show your face."

She was upset too. Great.

I walked closer. "You okay?"

"I mean, other than the fact that you and Emma disappeared, again, and then didn't let me know we were staying the night... No. I'm not okay."

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to fall asleep."

"Yeah well, lucky for you Emma has a million spare bedrooms."

I smiled. "Did you...?"

"No. God no. None of those boys deserve this."

I just laughed. "Can we leave now?"

"Sure."

She followed me outside and to my car. The morning was cool but the sun was desperately trying to warm it.

"So," she started. "How was it?"

"It was... she was really good."

"Really?"

"Really."

"Wow. Surprising."

"Megan called me ten minutes ago."

Blair almost had a heart attack. "What?"

I nodded. "Yeah she was pissed too. I accidentally told her I would be home this morning and I wasn't."

"How'd she even get your number?"

"No idea."

"That's actually kind of... funny," she stated with a laugh.

"It's really not."

"Is too."

"How?"

"Because," Blair chuckled. "You were literally in bed with Emma and Megan still found a way to interfere."

I rolled my eyes. She was right.

Eventually I dropped Blair off and she wished me luck dealing with Megan. I would need it. Just the thought of facing her made me nervous but I wasn't sure why. She could be mad but there was nothing I could do about it.