Nine

Oh my head. It pounded like someone was inside trying to get out. I cringed as I opened my eyes and light hit my pupils. This was so horrible. Why had I gotten so drunk-?

Emma. She was on top of me, curled between my arm and chest. I was naked. She was naked. Wait. Last night... we had come upstairs for the tour, then the kiss, then the beer pong...

It was all coming back like a mental river flooding my brain. But from what I remembered it had been pretty awesome...

Emma stirred and groaned slightly, I refused to move. I pretended to be asleep when she woke up. No way was I going to let her know I knew she was cuddling me.

I closed my eyes as I felt her stir before sitting up. The covers moved as she came to the realization of what happened. I expected her to get out of bed. Or wake me up and tell me to leave if we were being honest. But instead she just sighed and laid back down, this time not touching me.

Did she want me to leave? I probably should. Usually I did before the girl even woke up.

I stirred and turned over, allowing my eyes open. Emma was already looking at me. She smiled but I could tell she was just as confused as I was.

"Morning," she mumbled.

"Morning," I answered. "I should probably go..."

"Don't," she paused. "You don't have to."

She wanted me to stay? This was new.

I smirked. "You want me to stay?"

She shrugged. "I'd liked if you did."

"Is this your evil plan to force me to help you clean up?"

"Oh please. The cleaning crew is coming later. They'll take care of it."

I laughed. "You have a cleaning crew."

"Too predictable?"

"Very."

She was silent for a moment before breaking the silence. "Last night... I'm sorry if I wasn't..."

"You surprised me," I eased. "Like really surprised me."

She blushed in response.

Then my phone buzzed on her nightstand. I looked over to see an unfamiliar number. Who the hell was calling me at this time? And why did I have a million missed calls from it?

I answered. "Hello?"

"Sam! Where the hell are you?!"

"Um, who's this?"

"It's Megan, you idiot!"

I sat up before looking at Emma. Shit. "Umm, do you need something?"

"I needed to know you were still alive! Thanks for finally answering!"

"Calm down. I stayed at Emma's last night."

Oh Megan couldn't have possibly picked a worse time to call me. And how the hell had she even gotten my number?

"Well excuse me for worrying about you. I thought you were in jail! Do you not remember telling me you'd be home in the morning?"

"I'm fine. I'm sorry, I should've... let you know?" Not like I could've. I didn't have her number until now.

"You know, sometimes you're so inconsiderate."

Then she hung up.

I rubbed my eyes as Emma asked. "Who was that?"