The meeting proceeded while I picked my fingers in boredom. They talked about the spirit days and activities which would take place all next week, leading up to the football game that Friday night, then the dance Saturday. They discussed homecoming king and queen nominations and the ballads for voting. Then they discussed the after party, which was the only part of the conversation I tuned in on.

"Eric agreed to host the after party. His brothers are buying the alcohol. I'll text everyone his address so you can spread the invitations," Emma finished as she looked down into her notebook. "I believe that's everything."

"Should we work on the banners for the float today?" Blair asked.

Emma looked at me before answering. "Tomorrow."

Then the committee was dismissed but Blair lingered around to talk to Emma. I figured there were other things they needed to talk about together without everyone else here. I gave them a few minutes of privacy.

"Alright, we're going to the store," Blair claimed.

"What?" I asked.

"We need to get supplies for tomorrow."

"You comin' or what?" Emma crossed her arms and smirked.

I tilted my head. "Fine."

It's not like I was gonna tell her no.

I didn't want to go, but I decided to look at the positive. Emma was attractive. She didn't seem like most girls here at Baldwin, which made her more attractive. And she seemed to like me enough to invite me along.

When we made it to the store Blair and I parted from Emma to get the job done quicker. She was also one for not wasting time. I liked that too.

"So you really want me to come to homecoming?" I asked Blair.

"Yes. Did I not express that enough earlier?"

"Okay, well what do you think of me asking Emma?"

She stopped walking. "I think you've lost your mind."

"Why?"

"She's a bit too much, even for you. And I'm pretty sure she doesn't do girls."

"It's just a dance. I'm not asking her to be my girlfriend," I said.

We continued to throw things into our basket while Blair contemplated my idea. Maybe she was right about Emma being a little too much. But out of my league...? Well, I just saw that as a challenge.

"Well, you're going to homecoming whether you have a date or not," Blair stated. "I'm not letting you bail this year."

"Fine, but I'm not wearing a dress."

"You don't have to."

I sighed. "So are we going shopping this weekend?"

"How about tomorrow?

I groaned in response. Blair took this as a yes.

We met Emma back at checkout where we hoped to have everything we needed. That was until Blair realized we were missing tape.

"I'll be right back," she mumbled, leaving me alone with Emma.

I took this as my chance to get to know her. "I don't know how you and Blair do this."

She seemed to take it as a compliment. Bingo.

"I don't either. But it's worth it when everyone has a memorable homecoming," she beamed.