Prologue : Flashback

"Yuna! Come 'ere! " his speech was slurred.

Drunk, as always. She was starting to grow tired of this atmosphere. Always waiting, never quite sure if he'd come home sober or drunk. The former being a rare occurance. Nonetheless,it did happen often enough to give herself hope. It was sad really, but she couldn't do much to change things.

Sighing, Yuna got up and attended to her father. Just looking at him made her feel uncomfortable. Those glassy eyes, looking far and distraught. His cheeks were flushed red, eyebrows scrunched up as if he was in pain. No matter how her father had treated her recently, it always pained her to see him like this.

He was still the kind father she knew deep down.

"Yes father?"

Her voice was tiny and soft. She knew talking any louder would just add more pain towards her father. She tried to be as gentle as she could, almost like a whisper.

"Get packin' your things- You're leavin' tomorr- hic! -ow. "

Asides from the hiccup in his sentence, what he said was pretty clear for her. However Yuna was still puzzled, pack? Leave? Was there loan sharks chasing them? Was she being thrown out? She gulped and stared at her father, clearly confused. Before she could utter a response her father quickly cut in,

"T-That Pledis Academy called earlier- You- hic! got accepted, Y-Yuna."

The news sent shivers down her spine. Was this reality? She got accepted?

She tried her best to blink back her tears, she had worked so hard to get in.

It had been her dream to be accepted into Pledis Academy. A high-end academy for pupils interested in the Arts, it was known to be extremely expensive to enroll in. However, they had issued auditions to get a scholarship for the school.

Yuna had auditioned a few months prior with her singing, although she never had much hope after someone commented that her voice was "too plain".

Yuna couldn't believe the news, she really had lost hope on going there and now she had the chance to help her father and get her life back together.

She was filled with hope.

Her father held her wrist and gave her a reassuring squeeze, that gesture alone, that rare affection her father gave these days brought her to tears. Her eyes rimmed red as she pulled her father into a hug.

He was caught by surprise and was about to scold her, but something about that moment... Something about seeing his one and only daughter in his arms after so long. So vulnerable and fragile. He decided to withstand the headsplitting headache and hug her back.

"Choi Yuna. Our beautiful angel. She'll be a gift to everyone. "

The voice of his late wife started to echo in his mind.

-----------------------------------------------------------
A/N : Short Prologue for now. (T▽T) Will try my best to update 1000+ words per chapter like I do with Fleurs Du Mal. (I haven't published the first chapter cause I scrapped it. lol sorry. )

Have fun reading! I saw the lack of Yuju x DK fics, so I decided to write my own. (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Votes are appreciated. (´∀`)♡