// 003 [old version]

Wooyoung

"Jung Wooyoung, glad to see you got home early, for once." I recognized my dad's voice directed at me just as I walked inside my house.

"Hey dad." I smile weakly, knowing from my dad's tone that it's wasn't going to be a pleasant talk.

Since they're almost never home, I wish the time I spent wish my parents could be filled with good memories of us laughing, having fun together and bonding, instead of the constant oppressive talks about how badly I was behaving, or about my not so good grades at school or about how was such a disappointment to them and whatever else he and my mom decided to pester me with.

"Well, we just wanted to make sure you're behaving properly." My mother's voice chirped in the conversation.

As I was finished taking my shoes off and putting on my slippers, I headed to the living room where they most likely were. My mom and dad appeared in my field of vision, sitting on the couch with scowls on their faces.

Here we go.

"We received a call from school yesterday, saying you missed a lot of classes this semester. You were involved in fights. They're afraid if you don't change that attitude right now, you won't be able to graduate." My mom seemed calm by the way she delivered the news, but one look at her eyes I could see the anger and disappointment she was masking.

"Can you imagine our shock?" She let out a little laugh, with made me even more terrified of the situation.

"Aren't you tired of making us look like fools, Wooyoung?" My dad took over the conversation, with his usual aggressiveness, as he got up from the couch. "Do you think this is funny? If you want to be an idiot and ruin your life, you are also shaming your family's name. You know that, right?"

The only thing I managed to get out of my mouth was a small "Sorry."

"You should be." My father continued with his angry tone, crossing his arms.

"Wooyoung, we decided the best we could do was to enroll you in the church's voluntary work program. They will give you the guidance you need to get yourself in the right path. This will also look good on your curriculum."

"What?" I was dumbfounded, this is the worst thing ever.

"The school already agreed to that, but you still need to get your grades up." My mom sighed.

"You're going to do it, you hear me young man?" My father pointed his finger at me. "Starting tomorrow after the mass."

I breathed in and out a couple of times, keeping myself from rolling my eyes and trying to calm myself, but that didn't really work out. I knew that if I said anything that was running through my mind at this moment, I would only make things worse. So I simply nodded in understanding and left the living room, finding my room and closing the door quietly, even though my mind was telling me to slam it shut, I knew the consequences would be worse.

I laid on my bed, shutting my eyes and dreading tomorrow already. I could go through the mass, I did it every Sunday... but staying the whole day in church? Sign me out.

I didn't actually have a problem with the church, but with the overly faithful people that went there, the ones that think they can sit around and do nothing and praying will fix everything. Also the ones who got the Bible all wrong and are very hateful people of minorities or people with different beliefs. Having to sit there and listen to a hateful speech towards my own sexuality is brutal and torturous.

"So you're doing social services, huh?" My sister Jiwon barges in to my room without knocking.

"Ugh." Is the only thing I managed to get out of my mouth, discontent evident in my voice.

"Don't 'ugh' me." She giggled. "Respect your elders, I'm two years older than you, or did your small brain forget?"

"Sorry, noona." I mumbled, sitting on bed and turning my attention over to her. "Can you help me convince them to make me do something else instead of church service?"

I gave her puppy eyes, hoping it would work but deep down I knew it wouldn't. Jiwon was copy and paste of my parents, maybe even worse.

"I'll pretend you didn't say that." She rolled her eyes. "This will be good for you."

"Yeah yeah." I agreed not really meaning it, but knowing she wouldn't get out of my room until I displayed myself somewhat content with the matter.

"You should also get a tutor, you know? To help with your grades." She smiled and walk over to me, sitting on the edge of the bed. "If you suggest it before mom and dad do, you might score some points with them. Also, you should say it was my idea."

"Hell no." I scoffed, earning a slap on the back of the head.

"Language!" She got up. "Thank God you're going to be spending more time in church, you need it."

She walked out of my room while crossing herself.

"Close the door!" I yelled as she walked out, but getting no response as she kept waking to her room, the door right next to mine.

"Why does no one listen to me." I got up sighing and closed the door to my room for the second time today.